Kubota B-7800 test

/ Kubota B-7800 test #1  

KubotaSteve

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800 with loaded R-4s
After having my 7800 for a little over a year (160 hours), I decided to try a little test with it. I needed some fill dirt for a project and decided to dig a pit with the FEL. I started going in at an angle getting deeper as I go. It is about 8 feet wide and betweeen 30 and 40 feet long. It height goes from ground level to about 6 feet below ground level. I was very impressed with its ability to cut the clay and back out of the pit with a full bucket and no ballast on the rear except loaded tires. I would normally have ballasted the rear of the tractor but for where I was taking the dirt it was quite tight and couldn't have the boxblade hanging off the back. Just curious if anyone else has tried to see how deep they could dig with the FEL. I was very impressed and probably could go about another 1 to 2 feet deeper if I used ballast on the back and put the rear chains on as that clay is getting slick.

/ Kubota B-7800 test #2  
post a pic of that hole! I want to see it. got a 7800 also, thanks, bw

/ Kubota B-7800 test #3  
I wanted to dig a hole like that also but the wife wouldn't let me. She said it would not look good in our yard or something like that. Women - they just don't understand.

/ Kubota B-7800 test
I dug my hole in the back of my lot in an area that I don't normally keep mowed. She asked me what I was digging it for. I told her that I needed the fill for a project and besides our daughter just turned 8. Might as well get an early start for a scare tatic for a boyfriend when she gets old enough (55 in my book /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif).

/ Kubota B-7800 test
I won't be able to get a picture until this weekend as it is dark when I get home from work. I'll try to post it on Sat. or Sun. It was alot of fun digging the hole and the dog loves running up and down it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Kubota B-7800 test #6  
I'd like to see pic's too. I don't think my 7800 could do that, not here in the Catskills, at least not until I get some teeth to get at the clay between the rocks /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

But I could probably sell my wife and 9 year old daughter on an in ground swimming pool /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Lou

/ Kubota B-7800 test #7  
I've got a B2710, and was wondering about the FEL/hydraulic strength that you folks see. It seems like, on a pretty level area, I was just able to raise a rear wheel off the ground with the FEL, if I was working a bank of clay that was resistant. After changing the hydro fluid, I can't seem to do that anymore, but I may not have the same situation as before.

How does that compare with what you get?

/ Kubota B-7800 test #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I've got a B2710, and was wondering about the FEL/hydraulic strength that you folks see. It seems like, on a pretty level area, I was just able to raise a rear wheel off the ground with the FEL, if I was working a bank of clay that was resistant. After changing the hydro fluid, I can't seem to do that anymore, but I may not have the same situation as before.

How does that compare with what you get? )</font>

I've got a B7610 and had the dealer do the 50 hour service. I think the front end loader has less power now that it did before the service. I'm going to call tomorrow and find out what they put in the hydraulic system for sure. They have it marked "shop hyd fluid" and didn't charge enough for it to be Kubota Super UTD. The manual calls for Super UDT. If they didn't put Super UDT in it, I'm going to change it to Super UDT and they are going to give me the fluid.

/ Kubota B-7800 test
I didn't get the picture this weekend. We had a bunch of rain last week and it was quite messy out that way. I'll try to get it this weekend. It will be my first picture post too! I was suprised that I didn't hit any rocks because normally if I go just a little below the topsoil I hit limestone. About the first 10 inches was top soil and the rest was clay.
As far as the FEL power, when I was digging it out, i could lift the rear end off the ground but keep in mind that it was on a slope. I can also pick the front of the machine off the ground and even curl the bucket to raise it up higher. I only use Super UDT.

/ Kubota B-7800 test #10  
I have lifted the back of my 7800 as well as a 4' brush hog or 5' blower, if the bucket is hooked to something too big ( stump or rock), and my tires are loaded too.
Now where was that post about wimps FEL's /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Lou