How big of a brush hog and tandem disc for a B21

/ How big of a brush hog and tandem disc for a B21 #1  

sparkkky

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B21
Hello, just got a B21 and wondered how big of tandem disc and brush hog some of you guys have run?

Thanks,

/ How big of a brush hog and tandem disc for a B21
Come on guys, someone has tried this.

/ How big of a brush hog and tandem disc for a B21
Mostly sand at my farm.

/ How big of a brush hog and tandem disc for a B21 #4  
sparkky, I have run a 4 foot brush hog on my B21 with no problem @13.5 HP on the PTO you don't have a lot of margin and are limited to something less the the capability of the brush hog. Go slow and you will be fine. I would not go any larger than 4 feet. Can't help with the disc.

Welcome to TBN, other folks will drop in and provide better guidance.

/ How big of a brush hog and tandem disc for a B21 #5  
Perhaps a 5 or 6 foot disc. The answere is very hard to answere as the soil conditions, how much weight you use, how much angle, the disc diameter and what type of result do you want are all variables with some of them changeable.

Egon

/ How big of a brush hog and tandem disc for a B21 #6  
I use a 4’ rotary mower with my B21 and it works fine. Just this week I spent about 6 hours cleaning up roads on the in laws property with it and was cutting small pines, kudzu, honeysuckle vines and briars taller than the tractor. It is not as wide as the rear tires which would be better but the B21 is a little light on PTO hp. Don’t think I would go wider.

I don’t have a disk so I can’t be of any help there. I have read so much about the need for a disk to be heavy to be effective and the small disks are generally kind of light so I went with a tiller. A 4’ tiller works in our clay conditions but it works the B21 harder than anything else I use. Did manage to till and plant about an acre with it this year though. Just need to go slow.

MarkV