Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

Default Re: BX22 - battery life expectancy?

I've had my BX220 for 50 months and the battery is fine. As Junkman said, there're many variables involved in battery life. I have 190 hr. & I'm guessing 350 startups. We hit 30 degrees 8 or 9 times per winter but the tractor stays in the garage where I doubt it has gotten below 40.

<font color="blue"> I will take the extra 33% CCA with a Optima </font>
    And lets see ...........you paid how much % more for it??

Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    kubota b2400- R4 tires

HARD TO TELL? on my cars i usually replace every 4 years. but i just had the tractor battery checked (5 years old and they said it was like new) but at the 1st sign of slow cranking it is history,but right now it cranks over just fine.

Does not matter, you can't even compare the two. Not either in the same class...

Gee, lets see, able to withstand more vibs then other batteries, longeveity is longer, lowest internal Ohms this more power and about 110 minutes of reserve.

Price was not that much even got free shipping to my door and less putting up with shoppers and salesman that do not even know the product.

It seems you are worried about price not quality, yes go to your local Walmart and buy the Everstart. As I stated before, you get what you pay for. Do some Homework on Optima and there is a reason why so may use them.

Tractor
    Kubota BX 2200

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Price was not that much ever got free shipping to my door and less putting up with shoppers and salesman that do not even know the product.
    )</font>

And the web site is???

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2004 BX2230

Ok I'm a little slow but I'm guessing that someone here is not a fan of Wally world and the rest of the boys brought their groucho marx wigs with them to this forum. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

However the question (besides wally world bashing) oh yes was batteries. I use Interstate for 2 reasons. They're good to me and I have a friend who sells them in his garage to me at his cost. The markup on them is 20-25 each but boy they sure do work in my vehicles.

Batteries as he tells me only last 5 years and anything beyond that is a bonus. I just know after 5 years at the first sign of trouble I just get one and continue my troubleshooting from there.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    BX2200

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I've had my BX220 for 50 months and the battery is fine. As Junkman said, there're many variables involved in battery life. I have 190 hr. &amp; I'm guessing 350 startups. We hit 30 degrees 8 or 9 times per winter but the tractor stays in the garage where I doubt it has gotten below 40. )</font>

At 40 degree's I'm certain I could have thrown on a shirt sleeve shirt and went to the shed, and the tractor would have started. At 0 or -5, it most certainly would not. I think you hit on a great point. Temp is probably the biggest variable. In fact, If I didn't have to move 16" of snow at a time last year (remember how we got hit day after day), I could have left it sit till spring and it probably would have started.

40 degree's! You stink! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Why is it when other areas of the country have their normal weather, the fed govt sends in help and $, but when I get 40" of snow and ice every year, we have to take care of it locally?.. no wait, never mind, better to keep the federal govt out of it! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

The Optima Site: I real battery

Bought Mine here:

Your Walmart Battery, nice site!

Optimas will last a lot longer then 5 years....

ByronBob - I dislike Walmart and their way of business. Plus I do not like supporting China's work force with billions, but that is me.

Gold Member
    In the middle of the palm of your right hand...wait, that doesn\'t sound good...
    Tractor
    4010 JD Cut, 4020 JD, shovels, rakes, and implements of destruction

Junkman,

" ....... besides, anyone that keeps a Lexus for 6 years is very thrifty... "

That's what I was thinking about you and your Mercedes [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    ("I have a $39 Walmart battery in my Mercedes E320 and it has been in there for over 5 years now.")

Tractor
    Kubota/BX2200

Since no one has mentioned it in this thread yet, I also keep my BX &amp; Harley on a battery tender which I believe also extends the life of the battery as well as it does a good job at keeping the terminals clean.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast