BX22 - battery life expectancy?

/ BX22 - battery life expectancy? #1  

RichT

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B26
My tractor is approaching 2 1/2 yrs old and the battery seems to be faltering. Wondering what others in this age group are experiencing in terms of battery life. Can someone recommend a good replacement?

ps...looks like mine has also started the HST "slow to return to neutral" behavior

/ BX22 - battery life expectancy? #2  
I personally think it is based on use. If someones uses it everyday, maybe 3 to 4 years. If not, maybe 4 to 5.

I would think after XX time , it would be time to replace.

My BX22 is from 2002 and working fine. FYI, My Lexus battery working fine from day 0 till 6 years. I would expect 4 years out of the OEM before replacement. If it has issues starting, check load volts on batt.

I also had the "slow to return to".. pedal and it is an easy fix. You just need to adj the pedal. Fixed and working great!

/ BX22 - battery life expectancy?
Pls elaborate "You just need to adj the pedal"...

/ BX22 - battery life expectancy? #4  
There is a plate on the right hand side (when sitting) to adj the pedal, near rear wheel. I have some pix ..let me find them

/ BX22 - battery life expectancy? #5  
Battery life isn't easily determined because of too many factors that effect the life expectancy of the battery. I buy my batteries at Walmart. I have a $39 Walmart battery in my Mercedes E320 and it has been in there for over 5 years now. They haven't changed the price of the batteries for longer than I can remember. The one year no charge replacement battery is $29.... 2 year $39... Don't know about the others, because $39 is my limit for a throw away battery that last 5 years.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

gsxr1100 ..... You might consider visiting Walmart when that Lexus needs a battery ...... you might just find the correct size for $39 ....... besides, anyone that keeps a Lexus for 6 years is very thrifty... LOL........ /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ BX22 - battery life expectancy? #6  
I got 3 yrs until it wouldn't start in the Winter. With synthetic lube, I bet it would have turned over. Anyway, I went to battery warehouse and found the biggest one that would fit. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ BX22 - battery life expectancy? #7  
Junkman:

A Walmart battery? Time to raise the bar a little here.

Walmart Battery in my car, I do not think so.... I put a Optima Red Top in the Lexus. My car deserves better then cheap Walmart battery.

That is like putting autozone aftermarket parts on a Lexus..wrong.

I look for Websites that offer better OEM parts at aftermarket prices. That is called be a smart shopper.

/ BX22 - battery life expectancy? #8  
When the battery died in my 40' motorhome, I replaced it with an OEM battery from Walmart. Same brand that came in it originally. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ BX22 - battery life expectancy? #9  
That must be good to know that your 40' motorhome is at the same quality level as Walmart. Maybe get a Rollback on it next time! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gee let me see here:..for my car

Walmart EverStart is 525 CCA
Optima Red Top 800 CCA

Too bad I do not short myself on a battery. I do not want to be left in Hartford CT when my Walmart special decides not to start. I will take the extra 33% CCA with a Optima.

/ BX22 - battery life expectancy? #10  
There are only a couple of automotive battery manufacturers in North America, everyone just sells their rebranded OEM units.

Optimas are an exception though, they are a first class product.