new bx2230

/ new bx2230
Still looking for some pics of the curtis cab and also the factory cab. How unstable (top heavy) does the 2230 become with the cab installed? I do alot of mowing of banks and I would like to keep the cab on year round and just remove the windows and doors.

/ new bx2230 #12  
Just read your post and I have to mention that I have a Sims cab with the soft side door. The left door removes very easily while the left side is a combination of snaps and velcro. I have removed the cab for service but I find that mowing in the summer is cooler as you car protected from the sun. In addition, I turn the defroster fan toward me to "air-condition" the cab. The cab does not excede the height of the ROPS so it should not interfer with storage.
If you do remove the cab in the summer ther are but a couple of wires and maybe 6 or seven bolts to deal with. It is fairly light so I used my web straps/tie downs to lift it off the tractor.
Good luck

/ new bx2230 #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( does anyone have any pics of the cabs mentioned above? The curtis page doesnt have a good pic and the dealer doesnt have a pic of the factory option. )</font>

Try my site here for pictures of my cab and heater.

/ new bx2230
rbarker, I am unable to veiw any of the pics from your link.

/ new bx2230 #15  
rbarker,
I am thinking about a Cutis cab. Is the front window removable? Can you leave the cab on the tractor and just remove the vinyl and front window? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks
Jon

/ new bx2230 #16  
here is a Lauren

Attachments

• 545713-BX-22-FRONT-a.gif
    545713-BX-22-FRONT-a.gif
    59.4 KB · Views: 163
   / new bx2230 #17  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( rbarker,
I am thinking about a Cutis cab. Is the front window removable? Can you leave the cab on the tractor and just remove the vinyl and front window? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
)</font>

The front window is not made to be removed. I suppose you could but then you have to deal with the windshield wiper and all. The back vinyl does remove with velcro and snaps. I never remove either, just the doors which are meant to remove easily. I find this sufficient for ventilation in the summer and it helps with the bugs a bit.