Service time for Kubota B7100Hst

/ Service time for Kubota B7100Hst #1  

Egon

Epic Contributor
On my Kubota the rear axle hubs always work loose. The hub movement then breaks the safety bolt. Fortunetly the hub always seems to work inwards towards the tractor rather than falling off.

Newer style replacements cost $160 each which is beyond my budget.

Pictures of a fix using saw blade as shims. This has has to be redone periodically.

Egon

Last edited:
   / Service time for Kubota B7100Hst
Duct tape is indespensable when it comes to holding things in place !

Egon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:
The steering had also become very loose and no adjustment was left. It was removed for new parts.

The local wheel alignment shop was unable to pull the steering wheel of off the shaft. The dealer spent several minutes with a brass hammer and a good swing to remove it. The dealer is 90 kilometers away.

Had to take the gearbox to another shop to pull the pitman arm. My cheap pullers are now garbage.

Egon

Last edited:
The recirculating ball portion was a challenge for my limited skills.

Took an hour or so to pick up all the pieces and have to do it all over again as some more were found the other day. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Egon

Last edited:
   / Service time for Kubota B7100Hst #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( On my Kubota the rear axle hubs always work loose. The hub movement then breaks the safety bolt.)</font>

After breaking the pin one one side of my B7100 several times I wised up and bought 7/16" grade 8 bolt, had been using 3/8" bolt.

The 7/16" bolt fits very tight and didn't have any more problems after that.

Local Kubota dealer said they had actually welded a few of the hubs to the axle when the adjuster was worn too badly.

This has been a problem with the old style hub for years.

Bill Tolle

Tractor up on stand for fall servicing.

Egon

Last edited:
My axcle is drilled for 10 MM bolts.

Egon

/ Service time for Kubota B7100Hst #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My cheap pullers are now garbage.)</font>

This has been my experience with cheap tools also. It's worth it to me now to spend the money on Snap-on, if I can afford to wait for mail order.

Thanks for the photos Egon, I enjoyed them. I hope I don't have to rebuild my steering for another few thousand hours!

Pete

/ Service time for Kubota B7100Hst #9  
I found on my B7100 that the coil spring which holds tension on the bolt was coil binding and not allowing the bolt to put enough tension on axle to eliminate slop. My solution was to trim one coil off of the spring and torque to 120ft/lbs instead of the recommended 108ft/lb. after this my hubs never "creaked" or came loose again.

Did not find a coil spring in the whole mess???

Egon