Snow Another wet snow

/ Another wet snow #1  

astor

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota Bx2230
thought I would post a pic of the Bx2230 handling the current wet snow we are getting. Most of the time we get hit with lake effect light stuff but this is the 3rd wet snow we have received this season. No big deal for the blower though /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 545627-Picture for web site.JPG
    545627-Picture for web site.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 807
   / Another wet snow #2  
Astor,

Nice set up, but where is the cab? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifDo you use the rear blade and the blower at the same time? Or is the blade for light snow falls when it is too little for the blower?

/ Another wet snow
You are not the first one to mention the lack of a cab for the Kubota. To tell you the truth, I'm just glad I'm not moving this stuff around with my old 5hp simplicity anymore /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I use the rear blade to drag away from the two garages, and then blow the rest away with the blower. I am anxious to see how far I can blow the light stuff /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I have found I can scrape down to the pavement with either the blower or the rear blade. So far everything is working great! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Another wet snow #4  
Astor,
Is that a DDR German Shepherd in your profile pic ?????????

/ Another wet snow
Roughcut,
I'm not familiar with what DDR stands for. Astor is a past partner of mine.

/ Another wet snow #6  
astor, are you running in low RPM in that picture? I noticed you didn't have a lot of snow on the ground, but if memory serves me right, my blower (quite similar to yours) will blow a light load of wet snow pretty far out there (see attachment). When operating under those conditions, it looked like a light mist coming out of the blower.

(I'm not meaning to give you a hard time, just wanting to make sure your blower's operating OK.)

/ Another wet snow #7  
oops

Attachments

• 545864-PC200069.JPG
    545864-PC200069.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 338
   / Another wet snow #8  
<font color="green"> where is the cab? </font>

He stores it in the same place he has his purse and umrella /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif, come on guys live a little! Earn that hot chocolate.

/ Another wet snow #9  
No cab? Done that! Got the shirt. Do not want another shirt /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Getting too old to freeze my butt off. Do I need a cab, NO! when you lconsider how much snow I need to move, I do not need a snowblower /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif. BUT if we used that logic I would not need the tractor either. I HATE when I use logic /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
So where is the cab??? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Another wet snow #10  
We got your wet snow sometime last night. It was raining around 10PM, so sometime after that. About 4" of the wet stuff and it's coming down pretty good still. I played around with the new tractor (new to snow anyway) and guage wheels on the back blade this morning just to give my driveway an outline. The gravel is still intact I'm happy to say even though the ground is nowhere close to being frozen.
Here's a pic of one of my dogs laying in the snow. Cool weather is her favorite thing.
I'm curious what "DDR" stands for, too.

Attachments

• 546113-petra dec04.JPG
    546113-petra dec04.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 281