Loader frame arm swap

/ Loader frame arm swap #1  

Apollo

Bronze Member
Tractor
2004 BX 1500
I am wondering if the loader support bracket that bolts to the frame for the loader is interchangeable between the bx1500 and the bx2230.

Reason being is the valve and control stay with the bx2230 real nice using the quick detach pins like in the photo i attached. On my model you have to remove 2 extra pins if you want to keep the control with the machine and not leave it on the FEL when you remove it Like in the 2 pic I attached below.

Attachments

• 550704-FEL_Hydro_-_No_FEL.jpg
    550704-FEL_Hydro_-_No_FEL.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 635
   / Loader frame arm swap
Here is how it is on mine. (not my tractor just a pic showing the layout)

The valve on mine shows its a bx1612 4 way valve........

Attachments

• 550706-DSC00513.sized.jpg
    550706-DSC00513.sized.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 556
   / Loader frame arm swap
Ive been looking at different pics since i posted this and it seems the new la211 loaders all come with the new style valve no matter which bx you have.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the new la181 also had the new valve that stays with the loader brace as in picture #1 above and not the loader arm such as in picture #2 above.

I bought my loader new but am beginning to wonder if it wasnt a left over unit. I first need to find out if the la181 has the new style "stay with the tractor brace, not the loader arm" type of valve.

Anyone know?????????

/ Loader frame arm swap #5  
My neighbour has a BX1500 as well and his loader joystick removes with the loader. He claims the new LA181 Joystick stays with the tractor and he is a little pissed about it. Having the valve stay with the tractor is more desireable if you plan to run other front hydraulic implements such as a blade or blower.

Dean

/ Loader frame arm swap #6  
The older LA211 controllers were mounted to the upright like your 1500. The attached pic is of my BX2200. As long as you have quick connects on all your hydraulic lines, it's no big deal. Remove the loader, then pull the 2 pins where the loader arms join the upright. Transfer the upright with the controller attached back to the FEL quick-connect.
The attached pic shows it mounted for use with the front snowblower.

Attachments

• 551877-LA211 controller.jpg
    551877-LA211 controller.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 415
   / Loader frame arm swap
What a interesting trail this has lead me on!!!!!!!!

I started out calling 4 different dealers to see if the LA181 has been revised to have the valve stay with the tractor rather than the loader. 2 dealers said yes and 2 said no, I took this to mean they really didnt know.

I then called my district kubota rep in Columbus Ohio but no one would answer the phone.

I then called the national kubota number listed on my paper work and they sounded flabbergasted that I would be calling them with that type of question stating "this is the national number you will have to deal with your district rep" and they gave me the columbus number again.

Tried the columbus number and still no answer LOL.

Sheesh I dont even have a complaint I just want to find out about the design of one of the products they sell and no one can even answer me that question.............I would hate to see if I had a complaint about something.

/ Loader frame arm swap #8  
Columbus was essentially shut down today with massive ice storms. Probably no one was at the office to answer the phone.

/ Loader frame arm swap
Ya just saw that on the news earlier. I thought it was strange that they didnt have a answering machine!!!!!!!!!

/ Loader frame arm swap #10  
I have looked at both pictures and I believe that what you have is the newer style valve that is mounted to the older style upright by the bracket plate under the valve. If you look at the picture of the 2230, you will see how it is mounted to the tractor frame. I believe that if you can fashion the bracket that is welded to the frame, then you will also be able to mount your valve to the frame just like the 2230. My guess is that your tractor was made before the second design was completed, and they ran out of the older style valves and just started to use the newer style valve with the older mounting brackets. One thing to check is if the brochure for the newest BX1500 shows a change in the valve to be like the BX2230. It might just be that since the BX1500 didn't get a model number change, neither did it get the upgrades that went with the BX1830/2230. It would be a easy upgrade for the Kubota dealer to do, since you already have the newer valve. It might cost you $100 to have them do the fabrication and modification, but it would be well worth it just for the convenience factor. The only way that you will know for certain is to find a dealer that has a new production BX1500 in inventory and for you to physically look at it. If it is different, take pictures and then start complaining. If it is the same, then you are stuck with what you have. One other thing is that Kubota reserves the right to make improvements at any time and that it doesn't require them to make upgrades to previously manufactured models. If you do find that a change was made, take pictures of it, so if you have to do the change yourself, you will have pictures for guidance