M5400 hydraulic fluid level check

/ M5400 hydraulic fluid level check #1  

HARBAW

Tractor
Kubota M5400
Hello - The seller of my M5400 did not provide the manual as "promised". I've ordered one.

Certainly the dipstick on the floor in front of the seat is where I check the level. But what's the procedure? Engine running? Cold or hot? Single fill cap at the 3 pt, right?

I know to check the wheel lugs, eng oil & implement connections. What else?

I posed the same question in an earlier post which I would like to delete...

Thanks & Merry x-mas

/ M5400 hydraulic fluid level check
Anybody out there with an M series that would like to provide the specified procedure for their tractor. I'd imagine the procedure is the same(?) Mine is not an HST version.

Thanks.

/ M5400 hydraulic fluid level check #3  
HARBAW
The newer series have a dipstick on the top of the rear axle. Yours should be a dipstick on the floorboard if I remember correctly. Anyway, the procedure to check would be to park on a level surface, lower the loader, relax the bucket and shut off the engine. Hope this helps.
Lewis

/ M5400 hydraulic fluid level check
equipman,
Yup, it has the disptick on the floor. That was how I checked it, but couldn't be certain about the procedure till I got the manual or some advice. Looks like she needs to be topped off. Now I have some peace of mind till the manual arrives. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Thanks!

/ M5400 hydraulic fluid level check #5  
just got my m5400 and I was able to pick up the front end with the bucket but now its not doing it. I checked the fluid on the floor board dip stick and it's milky white....HELP SOMEBODY

/ M5400 hydraulic fluid level check #6  
just got my m5400 and I was able to pick up the front end with the bucket but now its not doing it. I checked the fluid on the floor board dip stick and it's milky white....HELP SOMEBODY
A milkshake means water contamination. You need to change out the fluid & filters at a minimum. Probably figure out how the water got in too. Could be as simple as condensation & not being changed in forever. Or could be water running into the vent.

/ M5400 hydraulic fluid level check #7  
You need to check the fluid after you have run it a few minutes to be sure the water drained and no more in there. If it were me I would park the tractor where I could drain the fluid and let it set maybe over night for the water will settle to the bottom and crack the drain plug where you can get an idea of how much water you see in the fluid. You may need to leave the plug out for a while if there is much water and you may end up having to flush it and refill twice.