L5030 Rear Work Lights

/ L5030 Rear Work Lights #1  

jhbusa

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L5030 HST
Seems the dealer wired these in series with the headlights? In other words, I have to turn on the headlights to use the rear worklights!? Seems dumb and a huge drain on the battery when all I need is the rear work lights. Shouldn't these be wired directly to the battery or another circuit off the battery? The two work lights in the Kubota kit have their own switches.

/ L5030 Rear Work Lights #2  
Your L5030 should have enough alternator to keep up with work lights and head lights… BUT I agree with you I would want to switch separately. I increased my work lights on my L4200 to a pair of 55watt front and rear, they are switched with two lighted factory switches, I do need to increase the wire size feeding the switches as I do see a voltage drop when I have all (front and rear) lights on. KennyV.

/ L5030 Rear Work Lights #3  
I added rear lights on mine, but got Kubota lights. They came with the rocker switch and 2 lights. There were wires all ready there to plug into for the switch and the rear lights, this is on a cab model 5030.

/ L5030 Rear Work Lights
I will pass this by the dealer. I can see turning the key to the ON position ... almost. But having to turn the headlights on to use the work lights, which have switches, doesn't make sense. They aren't backup lights, they are work lights.

The dealer wired mine when I bought it, so I'm not familiar with what options they had.

Thank you for the feedback.

/ L5030 Rear Work Lights #5  
Need some help installing my rear worklights. The wires available for the rwl are flat connectors, the kit came with round connectors, but the available wires are only hot when the rear window defogger is on! Admit I am not that good with wiring.

/ L5030 Rear Work Lights #6  
I pm'd you as well but the worklight wires are inside the tape on the wire to the 4 way flashers.