Any one seen a L285 ?

/ Any one seen a L285 ? #1  

L225

Tractor
Kubota L225
I bought my L225 several months ago and after learning a little about the older Kubotas I see they made an L285. Same tractor as mine but it has a 4 cylinder engine with 30 HP as opposed to my 3 cylinder with 24 HP.

I have watched eBay for a few months and looked for hours on the net but have never seen one for sale or even pictures of one.

Anyone own one ?? Or even seen one ??

/ Any one seen a L285 ? #3  
Me too - I owned an L345 and at the time I bought it there was an L285 model. According to Machinery Link it may not have been 4wd. There were L245 L305 and L355 models in the lineup too (not all at the same time). There are not a lot of these machines available used because (1) Kubota was still a relative newcomer to the US market in the '70s and hadn't really caught on yet, and (2) the early Kubotas tend to last forever and people keep them. They're well-developed, strong, reliable, and very well made. No cup holders or HST, but willing to work all day on 3 quarts of fuel. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Any one seen a L285 ? #4  
I own an L-235 4wheel drive..it's an 83 model with 1250 hrs on it and it will work all day and then some..the quality of this tractor is outstanding and it's easy to maintain once you get to understand it..everything is straightforward and common sense oriented..some repair parts are expensive but some are not..I would love to have a new one but not willing to pay the price,,especially when this one does such a good job..

/ Any one seen a L285 ? #5  
My neighbor just bought an L225, 2 wd tractor (no mmm or FEL) with a cheap box blade and cheap rear blade plus a nice brand new 72" Rhino finish mower for $5000. It had 900 hrs on it and the tach/hr meter didnt work. It looked sorta rough to me.

just wondering about the value.
whad you pay for yours, if you dont mind me asking?
dwight

/ Any one seen a L285 ? #6  
I have 2. I am combining them into1 great tractor.