Chains Tire Chains for L3710

/ Tire Chains for L3710 #1  

engineer

Tractor
L3710, BX 2200, Pac-Trac PT-2400
The family has recently expanded to include "a might as well be new" L3710 GST with 682 loader and loader rear tires.
When my father found an L3710 GST that is just about 2 years old with 48 hours it just couldn't be left on the lot. No rust, scratches, dents or any other outwards signs of use (bucket wasn't scratched, hasn't even worn the injection tags off the tires from when they were originally formed). When paying cash the discount was more than enough to keep from getting serious about a 3830.

Now for my question:

Tractor to be used primarily in the woods hauling logs and firewood, have started looking at tire chains for the rear wheels some of the slopes to be navigated are steep 35 -40% (fortunately only realitively short distances, unfortunately connecting to slopes of 15 - 25%).

Looking for a good aggressive set of chains. Not trying to do this on the cheap but I do not wish to cash in the bank account either.

I understand a set of true skidder chains could approach 2500 to $3000.

First off what should be the minimum size link I should be looking at (1/2, 5/8, 3/4, 1)?

Type of configuration (ladder, diamond, cleated)?

I am thus far on my own research leaning towards a set of fully cleated diamond configuration.

Thanks in advance,

engineer

/ Tire Chains for L3710 #2  
This web page will save me typing my response again in this forum. The people at St. Pierre will be able to answer all your questions and resolve your dilemma....