LA853 Float detent

/ LA853 Float detent #1  

JRobyn

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4330HST
Hi folks,

The float detent in the control valve for my LA853 will no longer hold the control lever in float. I know that others have had similar problems, which seemed to be easily corrected. But does anyone now specifically what needs to be replaced or adjusted? I hate to ask my dealer to make a 100mi rt for a simple adjustment or to replace a detent spring!

/ LA853 Float detent #2  
I had the same problem right now with my La723. I hope someone chimes in with an answer for both of us.

/ LA853 Float detent #3  
JRobyn, last year my LA853 detent also stuck after 10 hours and would not stay in the float position. The dealer came out and lubricated it and it has worked fine since.

But....he came out when I was not there so I can't tell you how it is done, sorry....

I wonder how ofter this happens on new Grand L series joysticks? Maybe the Dealers need to include lubricating the detent in the get ready.

Hopefully someone will post instructions, I'm interested also!

/ LA853 Float detent
Update:

I talked to the dealer and sugested that if they could tell me what to examine/lube/adjust it would save us both time/$. They faxed over the parts drawing for the control valve, and suggested confirming that the threaded "cap" over the detent balls is tight, or else CAREFULLY diassembling the detent end of the spool (easy to lose the tiny detent balls!) to check the detent balls. They think that one or more of them may be missing or crushed. This will have to wait a few weeks for good weather!