Kubota L245DT

/ Kubota L245DT #1  

Armond

My PTO shaft is broken at the front of the back bearing. My tractor is a 4 wheel drive and I need information on the procedure to split the tractor and repair the problem. Thank you.

/ Kubota L245DT #2  
I had to replace the PTO shaft on my L2201DT (same as your L245). It is a days job . Not really difficult. You will want a service manual. You will need to drain the trans/hydraulic oil . Disconnect the Hydraulic lines from the pump to the trans/diff. You will also want to pull the top shifter plate off and pull the top "rockshaft" assembly off so you can look down inside. Also,you will need to pull off the bottom front drive "transfer case" and disconnect the front drive shaft. You will split the tractor behind the transmission case and the rear housing. The shaft is basicly held in by a "C"clip.There is a bearing on the shaft that will need to be transfered to the replacement shaft.....................
Reassemble and refill and your done . It sounds hard but if you take your time,be carefull, and pay attention , you can hande it. Becareful when you split tthe tractor,to wedge the front axle between the frame to prevent the front from flopping to one side. I used a rolling floor jack under the diff to roll way the halves. You will need a manual so you can get an idea what is inside and how it goes together if you get confused. Wish I could help you more but you just have to open it up and get dirty. I was able to locate a used shaft with rear housing and bearing for I think $125. It has been 2 years since I did this so I am going from memory.