BX-1500 Frozen hydraulics FEL

/ BX-1500 Frozen hydraulics FEL #1  

MIKE_E

Tractor
B2601
I was out moving this first major(8 inch) snow off the driveway with the rear blade. having lots of fun /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifwith my new, is it tool or toy. Anyway everthing was going fine untill I tried to use the FEL, hydraulics seem to be frozen. It would just barely creep up and would only come down in the float position. I did this 3 or 4 times and it started to function normally. If I don't use it for 4 or 5 minutes I go through the same procedure to get it to function.
Any ideas? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks
Mike

/ BX-1500 Frozen hydraulics FEL #2  
What hydraulic fluid are you using? The Super UDT is supposed to be less prone to cold thickening.
Steve

/ BX-1500 Frozen hydraulics FEL #3  
Is it just the loader? I use regular UDT and my hydraulics are fine.

Dean

/ BX-1500 Frozen hydraulics FEL #4  
Make sure your TPH lever isn't left in the raise position. It's supposed to return automatically to the middle position but my BX2200 doesn't any more and there have been several other posts about it. I had this happen this morning moving snow with my back blade and loader. I forgot to return the TPH to neutral and my loader would hardly move. Then I remembered the TPH and everything was fine. I guess it's not good to leave the TPH lever in the up position. Lots of wear on the hydraulics so get in the habit of returning it to neutral. Hopefully this is all your problem was.

/ BX-1500 Frozen hydraulics FEL #5  
How cold? How new is the tractor? I have a BX1500 and the hydraulics are slow when I first use it when cold. After 5 minutes or less everything is as normal no matter what the outside temperature. The past few days it has been Zero degrees and we had a lot of snow. It runs and operates fine at that temperature. We cleared a few driveways and a path through the neighborhood.

/ BX-1500 Frozen hydraulics FEL
To answer some questions. The tractor has 20 hrs on it, and only the FEL was effected. Factory fliuds. It was about 20-25 degrees outside. The TPH lever was in neutral or down.
Once I got it moving normally, it would function fine as long as I don't let it sit for more than a couple of minutes. If I do, the FEL acts like its froze up again. I'm begining to suspect somthing is amiss in the control valve. I'm going to give it a try again this morning. If it still isn't working right I will give the dealer a call.
I will post any solutions.

Thanks
Mike