White terminal block under dash

/ White terminal block under dash #1  

moweraxle

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200
Tom
Here is a pic of the terminal block that I used for power to my cab swich box.

Attachments

• 560888-wire strip.JPG
    560888-wire strip.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 480
   / White terminal block under dash #2  
Is that yellow in the picture a battery warmer wrapped around the battery? Haven't seen one of those in many years. They are usually only used in the very very coldest parts of the hemisphere..

/ White terminal block under dash #3  
Is the blue thing on the right one of those "tap" connectors? If it is I would get rid of it. Those work on things that have no vibration and no exposure to moisture but will give you problems on a tractor. It will be a problem eventually and it will often be an intermittent break in the circuit which will make it all the harder to track down.

I spent 2 days cutting those things out of a motorhome so I could get all the marker lights working properly. Many of them had a lot of white corrosion on them and were not making good contact.

I know they are included with lots of auto electrical wiring kits but I throw them away and use butt splices or solder.

Bill Tolle

/ White terminal block under dash #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Is the blue thing on the right one of those "tap" connectors? If it is I would get rid of it. Those work on things that have no vibration and no exposure to moisture but will give you problems on a tractor.

I know they are included with lots of auto electrical wiring kits but I throw them away and use butt splices or solder.)</font>

I couldn't have said it any better. Those are used a lot because of the ease of using it but they are only a quick fix and will not hold up. I have had to rewire countless trucks with aftermarket beds because the company that puts the bed on uses nothing but those crappy connectors!

/ White terminal block under dash
Yes it is Junkman, Got it at my local NAPA store, I think I paid $35 also use a 250 watt magnetic oil pan heater. Tractor starts like it was a 40 deg. spring day when it is really 0 deg. outside. The battery blanket keeps the battery about 85 deg.
I have it pluged into a timer that comes on at 2:00 am and goes off at 6:30 am. A starter is $425 plus $$