B2660 Blower Broken Shear Bolt hole hard to find

/ B2660 Blower Broken Shear Bolt hole hard to find #1  

Passaconaway

Tractor
Kubota 7610
I just broke my first auger shear Bolt and it's difficut to see
where the replacement hole is on the drive shaft since part of the bolt's still there. When you face the front of the tractor it's the left auger. Only when I slide the auger to it's rightmost position on the drive shaft (towards the center of the snow blower)do I see something that looks like it. I'm puzzled because it isn't then aligned left to right on the drive shaft like the other auger. I've tried to tap it out but I'm worried that if it's not the bolt and if I rap it too hard I might damage something connected to the drive shaft. Any had a similar problem.

Thanks.....

/ B2660 Blower Broken Shear Bolt hole hard to find #2  
Spray some carburetor cleaner into the hole and see if that doesn't clean it up enough for you to see the broken piece clearly. The holes should be drilled in identical positions on the right as they are on the left. I doubt that you will do any damage if you use a small drift pin and tap it lightly with a ball peen hammer. If it isn't the broken piece, you will fee a definite "shock" from hitting a solid piece of steel. If it is the broken piece, then it will fall out the other side. The broken piece should have a gray cast to it and the shaft will appear to be shiny by comparison. The first one is the hardest to do. After that you will know what you are looking at... Junk..

/ B2660 Blower Broken Shear Bolt hole hard to find
Thanks. It's out.