BX Oil Change Frequency

/ BX Oil Change Frequency #21  
I think the key word there is "generic" for "all models" then states, for specific model..........I would go by your manual for a general rule of thumb. They have to be generic since it is for all models.

/ BX Oil Change Frequency #22  
We always recommend every 100hrs on the engine oil... and every 200ish on the transmission. The oil will be black after a few hours, its just the way it is. Changing oil more often isnt going to hurt anything, just costs a little more. Once a year if you get less than 100hrs is always a good idea.

And Kubota's engine oil (last I heard) was re branded Valvoline. Very good oil, and its not all that expensive unless you buy large quantity (atleast for good quality oil).

/ BX Oil Change Frequency #23  
what would concern me is that the oil turns black in a few hours. For the price you pay for Kubota oil....

My Group 4/5 synthetic is still clear as can be, even after being installed in April 2004... So not all oil turns black that fast.

/ BX Oil Change Frequency #24  
Mike; Most years it is three oil changes, this past was four changes due to the way the grass grew. I think is about $15.00 a change, I use the Kubota filter and the Kubota oil, it is just easy for me to pick up the oil while at the dealers. testing would be a good idea, but the tests I have seen cost at least $15.00, so I just change the oil for the same price.
Will

/ BX Oil Change Frequency #25  
that is a lot of used oil and filters for one year. Gee I thought $25 for one oil filter and synthetic oil was a pain for 1-year.

I think you are overkill bigtime but that is me; I would do it every 100 hours and call it a day with a dino. Or get a nice group 4/5 synthetic oil and do it less but.....

Also, most people think oil testing is oil to see if oil is good. It is also primarily used for preventive maintance. It is nice to see you wear number like iron/nickel/lead etc, any fuel (for injector issues), etc. For oil, if you TBN is dropping fast something is up with the oil (not holding up) or your engine burns poorly.