Tiltmeter vs other tilt guages

/ Tiltmeter vs other tilt guages #1  

RBManufacturing

Gold Member
Tractor
Ford 8N / Kubota B 6200. Kubota B 7100. Modified wards lawn tractor. Souped up.
Hi Guys,
Could not pass up this one. You know me /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Lets see, a tiltmeter made for tractors, vs a tiltmeter made for boats.Hmmm. Numbers painted for a quick recognition at a glance, or all white numbers. Rubber tube that can sag in high heat, thus possibly giving a false reading, vs a precision ground glass tube. Rubber tube that will dis-color after use in alot of sun, vs uv resistant glass. Mounting bracket for my choice of mounting locations vs vertical monuting surface option only. A 3 in. meter vs a 5 in. meter. Glass tube protected inside body vs exposed tube on bottom of meter. A known reputable dealer with an apparently good reputation that sells only tiltmeters vs a dealer that sells meters as a side line. I paid $19,000 for my tractor, but I saved $10.00 on my tiltmeter. After all, it's only a tiltmeter, not like it could help prevent a roll-over or something important like that. Nuff said. Sorry Guys, had to get it off my chest. Hope you understand. Thanks , Rick /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Tiltmeter vs other tilt guages #2  
I'm convinced - Boat model for me, never would have have thought of it if you hadn't posted.
Thanks Rick!

/ Tiltmeter vs other tilt guages #3  
And with R&B you get customer service that's second to none in any type of busniess.

Let me tell you what Rick did.

On a recent thread about working on slopes I mentioned how I'd busted my tilt meter bush hogging... A sapling came along put the trusted Tiltmeter to rest. I mentioned I was gonna buy another.

Out of the blue a couple days later Rick emailed me telling me he's send me a new one (which arrived yesterday).
He did not have to do that and never expected him to do that at all! I'm impressed with how he stands behind his product.

For my book there's the Tiltmeter, and no others.
Thank you Rick!

/ Tiltmeter vs other tilt guages
BOMAN,
Glad you got the meter. If ANYONE ever has a problem with a meter, just let me know. Wife think you're gettin too much seat time, takes a swing at you and hits the meter by mistake and breaks it, no problem. Just let me know. I'll replace it. No one has ever abused this policy, and I will gladly continue with it. If you buy one and decide you don't like it, just let know. I'll refund cost AND shipping. Take care guys. Rick

/ Tiltmeter vs other tilt guages #5  
Rick,
If I had a bigger boat...... I'd buy one of your tilt meters for it.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Greg

/ Tiltmeter vs other tilt guages #6  
Rick
I never have gotten around to thanking you for replacing the mounting hardware for my Tilt meter. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
So here goes.
Thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Customer Service Second to None. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Tiltmeter vs other tilt guages #7  
Rick,

Great references from others and a man that stands behind his product is hard to come by these days, I'm glad there are guys like you still around. I visited the website, and what tiltmeter do you recommend for my L3130? I don't anticpate operating my tractor on slopes during dark hours, so I think the lighted one is out. Other than that what are your thoughts? Thanks in advance.

/ Tiltmeter vs other tilt guages
Hi caylor,
The model #25C was designed for tractors like yours, and I used input from some of the guys on TBN when designing it. What better group for input than guys that are going to use them? The lighted model was built for the U.S. Military using their requirements. They wanted one visible at night, but that could not be seen in a blackout situation. So, I used a new phosphorescent glow in the dark paint, and put 2-12 volt l.e.ds inside the body to shine on tube, but not visible as a direct light. They liked them, so I offer them now to general public. I personally do not need one on my tractor. If it's dark, I'm not on the tractor. Still working on a new tilt switch to sound a beeper when tilt limit is reached. All work somewhat, but none work like I want them to yet. Back to the drawing board I guess. Rick /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Tiltmeter vs other tilt guages #9  
Oh sure, mention the tilt switch/alarm after I ordered my Tiltmeter. Isn't it bad enough Kubota replaced my B2410 with a new model a few months after I bought it? Now I'm going to have an obsolete meter!

Just kidding. Looking forward to receiving the meter.

As a sailor (Well over 3000 hours racing sailboats and a national championship when I was younger) I never considered using a sailboat inclinometer on my tractor. They are different and not the right tool for the job. Sure I can get a cheap one for $15 bucks somewhere, but do I want to rely on it?

/ Tiltmeter vs other tilt guages #10  
As I had offered to test the illuminated one, but never got the chance, I will extend my offer again to test the "beeper" model when you get to that stage of development. Will the "beeper" be illuminated. I love toys...both testing and playing with them.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif