Mowing Kubota mower assembly problem

/ Kubota mower assembly problem #1  

Joe_W

Silver Member
Tractor
2001 Kubota B2910
I received my new 2910 w/FEL, & MM mower last Friday afternoon. I quickly fell in love with it. Yesterday I was able to purchase a new King Kutter 60" box blade from the local Farm & Fleet store, that was damaged in shipping. The front side of the box is bent in $100 worth. A little heat from a torch, and some paint and it will be just fine. Anyway in my attempt to raise the mower deck high enough to pin it to the frame, I found that I was about an inch and a half too low on one side and about an inch too low on the other side. I assumed it was not adjusted right when they installed the mower on the tractor last week. I took it to the dealer, they adjusted it, and it still wouldn't go high enough on one side. After looking at everything we discovered that the bracket welded onto the right side of the mower deck was the wrong one. It was too short and probably made for a smaller deck. The solution was to drill a new hole in the bracket that hangs from the tractor frame that the pin goes through. This will work fine, and the service manager said they may want to replace the whole deck with another one. He is going to call Kubota and see what they say. So if you can't get your pin holes to line up on your mower deck, you might want to look at your deck mounted brackets and see if they are the same size. It's pretty obvious once you look at it, that they are at different heights.
Yesterday I also mounted a toothbar on the bucket, and I can't wait to try it out too.

Joe W.