kubota ignition troubles

/ kubota ignition troubles #1  

tractorboys

my l3600 has gone haywire so to speak. the igniton just stoped working one day and ive ben starting it with a half inch open end wrench at the starter for to long now. I think it may be a relay to the glow plug or somthing. the lite on the dash to the glowplug lite doesnt come on any more. the relays inback of the dash were making a funny sound. so im having thoughs just trying replacing one of those relays first. anybody else have this problem or can help me solve this mystery. i dont quite like bringing to the dealer yet at 60 dollars an hour. thanks bill

/ kubota ignition troubles #2  
If you can start it by shorting the posts on the starter motor, then the relay that feeds power to the solenoid is bad. I don't know where it is on your tractor, but it should be a single relay.

/ kubota ignition troubles #3  
Try simply doing this. wire a power wire from your battery , and keep the other end bare. Now add a wire to the solenoid small terminal. Does touching the two ( while you are in the seat).. make the tractor start ( if the key is also on? ) if so.. like the other poster said.. whatever switch contact on the ig switch is powering the solenoid.. it may be bad.. or if it powers a relay that powers the solenoid.. that may be bad. Should be simple to trace.. or just drill a hole inthe dash and install a momentary push button starter switch. Just turn your regular ignition key on, and then hit the switch. If you are froggy, you can use the accy terminal.. or the 'on' terminal right from the ignition switch for your power source for the push button switch.. so that the tractor won't crank over without the key being in...

Soundguy

/ kubota ignition troubles #4  
Many Kubotas have a Fusible Link near the starter (short red wire loop with a white plastic plug). They can get corroded and stop conducting enough current for the starter. You can temporarily replace it with a piece of copper wire to see if the starter will work. Don't leave it that way - the link protects everything if there is a short somewhere - so it should be replaced with a new one if it's bad.

As always, prompt cheerful refund if info is bogus.

Dick B

/ kubota ignition troubles #5  
Are you depressing the clutch when you try to start. My Kubota won't start unless the clutch is depressed.

/ kubota ignition troubles #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My Kubota won't start unless the clutch is depressed. )</font>

Does that mean that your Kubota won't start if the clutch is having a good day?

Sorry, the devil made me do it!

Bill Tolle

/ kubota ignition troubles #7  
Naw, if the Kubota is having a good day, then I am having a good gay. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ kubota ignition troubles
I tried a new starter relay. no start darn. thought for sure that was it.i liked sound guys thought of putin in a pushbutton. checked the slow burn fuse looked ok but didnt pull it out to check for corosion. now that its cold and we got 2ft snow gona go snowmobilin instead of fussin in freezing over that tractor on the weekend. bill