L35 oil pressure light

/ L35 oil pressure light #1  

krpig

Tractor
BORROWING RIGHTS ON L35 KUBOTA, BOBCAT EXCAVATOR. RESEARCHING, LEANING TOWARDS BUYING B2410.
have an L35 TLB, approx 1130 hours. when engine speed set to 2200rpm or higher, oil idiot light comes on. could this be a bad sensor?

/ L35 oil pressure light #2  
Maybe bad sensor, but MAYBE NOT. Maybe low oil level, maybe plugged return passages (starving), maybe pickup pipe is a little high, maybe bad pump or relief valve.

Don't take any chances - get a guage and connect it so you can watch what's happening. You can take out the oil pressure switch and turn the guage in there - may need a short piece of pipe or brake hose to bring it out where you can see it.

Does this happen when the engine is stationary (backhoe work?) Is the engine level? Try adding an extra quart of oil over the full mark and see if it does the same thing.

Don't ignore it - it can ruin your day, week, month, year.

/ L35 oil pressure light #3  
The sensor is normally closed to ground with no pressure, hence, the light check before engine start-up. It doesn't make sense that the sensor would close only at higher engine speeds unless you are losing oil pressure at those speeds.

I have an L35 with 833 hours and recently had a start-up where oil pressure light did not go out. I subsequently found that the L35 engine has a plug (like a freeze plug) on the front of the engine just right of the crank pulley (about the size of a dime), that can leak on the pump suction side. Kubota knows about this issue and has a repair kit available through the dealer. Your symptoms are different but may be due to the same root cause (poor seal at this plug). My machine is still in the shop so I'm hoping this is the problem. vs. something more serious.

/ L35 oil pressure light #4  
Thanks "cheekme" . You saved me a lot of money and downtime! I had the same thing happen to me yesterday and went through all of the basic checks and was sure I would be putting on an oil pump and maybe a whole lot more. Local dealers never heard of any thing like this and were no help. Called Carver Equiptment and they knew about it and offrerd to express out the parts. After they explained what they consisted of I tore into the tractor, found the little culprit, cleaned and silconed it and pressed it back in. I made a bracket to block the plug from moving again and was back in business without spending a dime. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Thanks to TBN and "cheekme" from a real happy Kubota owner!

/ L35 oil pressure light #5  
Turboglide do you still have pics of that repair??
Thankd