New BX models

/ New BX models #1  

Anonymous Poster

I am sure Kubota is working hard on new BX models, as they seem to change models every 3-5 years. What improvements would you BX owners suggest? Different models?
Personally, I feel that a "economy" Bx 1800 would be very popular with people who could get by without 4wd and the three point hitch. I have several friends and associates who just won't spend the extra money to step up from a large garden tractor to a BX, although they like my tractor very much. I'm sure that the above configuration, with a mower deck and a front snowplow could be sold for 9-10,000, and Kubota would sell a bunch.
Personally, I would be interested in a BX 2200 "deluxe", with position control, tach, and perhaps an upgraded seat. What do you BX'ers think?

/ New BX models #2  
I would like to see a backhoe for the BX at a reasonable cost.

Engineering the 3pt off the BX really be a major effort - it would be such a fundamental change. Your friends would be better off looking at the new G2160 - it has the diesel engine and seems to be heavily constructed.

/ New BX models #4  
I guess they just plugged the various holes in the casings. Not sure I understand what the value of this is over the G2160.

/ New BX models #5  
Yes for a delux model--the BX2400, position control, larger engine from the 7500, tilt steering wheel, tachometer, I do not have any problems really with the seat.
I also would like a larger tractor along the lines of the BX, with say a 28 inch rear wheel and 12 inch front wheels and about a 58 inch wheel base with up to a 72 inch deck available and phase out the 7500. More tire selections would be nice too.
Really, the BX is super delux as it is now, the rest would just make it even more increadible. J

/ New BX models
Add a hill holding feature so it will not roll on an incline with engine off, either a hydraulic /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif or easily adjustable manual suspension for raising tractor to do some occasional rougher work, and of course the most important improvement...HEATED CUPHOLDER ON THE LEFT, COOLING CUPHOLDER ON THE RIGHT!

del

/ New BX models #7  
Del, there is a hill holding feature, called a brake. Step on the break and then down on the brake lock-no more rolling!
So, I could get with some local low riders and design a hydrualic system that would have the BX bouncing like a rubber ball! Approach an obstacle bounce the front and then the back or just bounce the whole tractor over it. Man, that would be kool--a bucket full of mulch, hit the front wheel lift and toss the mulch, rock, soil 50 feet. Box blade would make a great wheelie bar.
I might add a tool box to my wish list. Oh, I am installing nitrous injection. J

/ New BX models #8  
It should definatly have a tach. and Work lights!

Rogue

/ New BX models #9  
A backhoe (again)

/ New BX models #10  
Yes the backhoe. Sorry about mispelling brake as break, i was typing weithout thinking.
Roque, you can add work lights right now! What is stopping you? I am going to install some real soon. Two forward on the ROP's and one to the rear were my thoughts at this time--what you think. J