Width of BX2200 Rear Ags, R1, and R4s????

/ Width of BX2200 Rear Ags, R1, and R4s???? #1  

RonR

Veteran Member
Tractor
2003 BX2200
I have turfs on my 2200 and am thinking of going with more aggressive treads for FEL and dirt work.

I know there's been a lot of posts about tires, but I'm interested in how wide each of these might be. I like the looks of the turfs as far as width, but would like more traction in dirt, plus I'd load at least the rears.......

Is there agreement on which works best for FEL work? (doubt it, but thought I'd ask anyway.)

THANKS.
ron

/ Width of BX2200 Rear Ags, R1, and R4s???? #2  
The bars on my BX23 are 26x12.00x12 rears & 18x8.50x8 on the front. Was told the fronts were too small for R4's so they weren't an option offered by either of the two Kubota dealers I talked with.

Haven't mowed with it yet so I can't report on there performance on finish mowing but I did some digging & dirt hauling on my lawn with them and they didn't seem to do any damage at all.
Many have posted on this forum that they bought a set of both turf & bars and once they used the bars they hardly if ever used the turfs again..

Volfandt

/ Width of BX2200 Rear Ags, R1, and R4s???? #3  
The rear bar tires are 11" from outer edge of the bar to outer edge of the bar. The fronts are about 8.25" from outer edge of the bar to outer edge of the bar.

/ Width of BX2200 Rear Ags, R1, and R4s???? #4  
I have turfs on my BX2200 but also a set of bars for the front which I use in the winter and for FEL work. (Bar and turf tires on both the front and rear are the same size and they do have the same rolling radius, so they can be mixed).
I have considered buying bars for the rear, but have always found that installing the tire chains on the rear turfs (a 10 minute job) gave me all the traction I needed and removal for mowing is only a 2 minute job!!