Rear wheel width with midmower

/ Rear wheel width with midmower #1  

Will

Gold Member
Tractor
B2410HSD
I started this under "Tractor stability", but now that I've figured out the real issue, let me ask the question here.

I've got a B2410 with R4 tires. The rear tires came set up so the width from outer tread to outer tread was 48". By flipping the hubs (and this is in the manual) I've increased the width to 53", just like I used to have on my B2100. The catch is that now the rear wheel rubs against the rear anti-scalp roller when the midmower is raised (this is on the right side just past the grass chute. I want the width, so I removed the anti-scalp roller.

Of course I want the best of both worlds, so I guess I need to make a bracket that will relocate the anti-scalp roller. If you've got a midmower and a B2100, B7500, or B2410 and R4's what are you doing? Leaving the wheels at 48"?

Will

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's a link with pricing info on Kubota B series tractors.

/ Rear wheel width with midmower #2  
I am taking delivery on a B7500 this week with 302FEL, 60" MMM and turf tires(with ballast) and gather from other posts that I'm going to have the same issues as Will. I would like to get feedback from others out there with this same setup. Do the turf tires help or hurt the situation over the R4s? Does the antiscalp rub only when lifted or other times as well? Would the 54" "economy" deck offered for the B7500 help (it is a suspended deck, as opposed to full contact) and if so, is it worth looking in that deck? Guess I want it both ways, wide stance for FEL w/o the anti-scalp rubbing issues.

PapaRoakes

/ Rear wheel width with midmower #3  
Will,

Sorry if I screwed up your post by adding mine (maybe I asked too many questions?) Just figured there would be someone out there w/ B7500 60"MMM and 302FEL that had dealt with the tire width/mid-mount mower issue that could shed some light. I'm a new member, hope I'm not off to a bad start already!!

PapaRoakes