bx2000 ability

/ bx2000 ability #1  

duster

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX2200 LOADER,60
I AM PURCHASING A BX2200 TO MAINTAIN 1.5 ACRES OF PROPERTY,I WILL NEED TO GRADE THIS AND I AM WONDERING WHAT IMPLEMENT WILL BE ABLE TO HANDLE THIS PROJECT WITH THIS TRACTOR.MY YARD IS MOSTLY FLAT WITH MAINLY HIGHS AND LOWS LEFT BEHIND FROM AFTER CONSTRUCTION.SOME WEEDS HAVE BEGUN TO GROW AND SOME AREAS HAVE YET TO BE DISTURB SO THEY ARE QUITE HEAVILY ROOTED WITH WEEDS.I AM THINKING ABOUT A BOX BLADE WITH THE ADJUSTABLE TEETH.I WILL ALSO NEED TO MOVE AROUND ALOT OF THE UNDISTURBED SOIL INTO AREAS THAT ARE IN NEED OF FILL.I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP AND HAVE ENJOYED THIS WEB SITE .
BOB

/ bx2000 ability #2  
duster, that's probably the most common implement to use; a box blade. And it's one of the cheaper implements to buy. They are a little tricky to learn to use, to get the tilt front to back adjusted right with the top link on the 3-point to cut more, or less, depending on the job at hand. I think I've also heard that the BX does not have position control, so that makes it even trickier, but with patience, time, and experience, it'll do the job. Maybe some of the other guys can tell you about the more expensive equipment that I haven't used. There are some that's better, but of course, they also cost more. Are you getting a front end loader? If so, that'll be a big help, too.

Bird

/ bx2000 ability #3  
I would agree with Bird but add a loader is a must if you want to do much dirt work with the BX. Unless you've never had a loader, in which case you won't think it abnormal to spend a huge amount of time moving dirt with the box blade. I would humbly suggest that the box blade at $400 is much cheaper than a loader, and although the loader on the BX WOULD do the job, it's got to be easier on everything if the loader isn't used for hard ground digging of huge areas. If for some reason we aren't using one of our bigger tractors to first tear up the surface, we'll loosen it with the box but pick up the piles of junk with the loader. I find grading with the box blade a hard to master task. (Email some of the others like Mark "Box-Blade" Chalkley for tips) I find it so much easier on the BX to look at the loader bucket while I'm driving backwards then crab my head around and look at the box scraper and keep goosing the lift lever to get it right. If you bring the rpm up a little, 1800 the loader hydraulics are very precise in changing the bucket height to make small corrections as you see the need to dig more or let more dirt flow under the bucket lip.

And don't get me wrong the loader on the BX is a real loader, not some of the goofy things I've seen on garden tractors, but my ground with so many big rocks I just don't like hitting stuff with the loader with all that leverage hanging out there when the box scraper doesn't care, and the 3pt is designed for something dragging behind it.

To those of you that are thinking that I probably hand break the ground with a pick before using the L35 backhoe, no I'm not that gung-ho, but I have been known to rub a bit of wax and talk softly to the fleet now and then.../w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

del

[email]oldcarparts@mygarage.com [/email]

/ bx2000 ability #4  
Yeah, Del - they can email me and I'll suggest they get something with a trailing hydraulic gauge wheel to minimize the agony. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Mark

/ bx2000 ability #5  
BX seems like a fine little machine (and great mower). However, would suggest hiring out the initial ground breaking and drive tear-up. Why put your new machine through the agony. For $250 or so you can get a dozer in and let them have at it for 4-5 hours. Then get it just the way you want with the BX.

/ bx2000 ability
bird
without having a position control are there any ways to rig up a stop of some sort to repeatly lower the 3 point to the same height every time.when i do receive my tractor it will have the front loader.
bob

/ bx2000 ability #7  
duster, the only way I can think of would be to rig up a check chain that would stop the 3-point from going any lower than a particular spot when you lower it. Hmmm, it's not what the manual said, but maybe that's why my B7100 came with a check chain.

Bird

/ bx2000 ability #8  
Mowing chains are available for about $25 from any dealer. They fasten to the mower and to the top pin of the three point. You adjust the chain length in a slotted bracket so when you lower the three point all the way down the chain holds the mower about 1 to 2 inches off the ground. Works well. It is not needed on most Kubota's because they have excellent position control, but the chains can substitute and will work just as well. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif