Tractor
    Kubota L3130 w/513 FEL Quick Attach, Kubota RTV900

Default Box Blade for L3130

Uncle Sam may be giving me a little $$ back this year and I would like to use it to purchase a box blade. Any recommendations on brand, size, or features? I plan to use it to smooth and level out areas in my lawn and pasture, serve as a counterweight to my FEL, but nothing "extreme". Thanks to all you TBN'ers, this is truly an awesome informational forum.

I realize this has probably been asked before, so any direction to former posts that address this topic are greatly appreciated!

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L5030 HST

Default Re: Box Blade for L3130

Caylor, there are lots of posts but here's a short note. I am not sure what type of tractor you have so that may limit you a bit. I have a Bush Hog RBX720. I love it. I've rented others and they all work fine. I highly recommend one feature and that is a scarer lift arm you can reach from the tractor seat. This is extremely handly if you are grading new ground. You'll grade some, level some, etc. Getting off the tractor and adjusting the scarers up and down gets old REAL fast.

Bush Hog

Tractor
    Push mower, Snapper 21" 6 shovels, 2 rakes, a pick, 2 pinch bars, a post hole digger (two handle type) and 2 wheel barrows that handle like a Porsche.

Default Re: Box Blade for L3130

Get one as wide as your rear tires. My L3830 HST has a Gearmore 72" that weighs in around 1000lbs. It pretty much makes my L3830 work for it in low range when loaded with dirt or when the rippers are engaged. Having a strudy one can end an otherwise frustrating expeience. Having top and tilt is nothing short of marvelous. If my choice was a boxblade or TnT, I'd go TnT first. For me, it makes a tractor incredibly more useful, especially the adjustable top link.