Using FEL to dig test pit for septic leach field

/ Using FEL to dig test pit for septic leach field #1  

sidney

Tractor
Kubota/B7100 HST
Anyone out ther ever used their front end loader to dig a test pit for soil site inspection for water level. Being a newbie i believe that a hole can be dug about 36 inches deep, am i asking for my front end loader to do too much?
Sidney

/ Using FEL to dig test pit for septic leach field #2  
a lot depends on the tractor u are using and the ground u are digging into. one way to do it is to start back a bit and build yourseslf a downword ramp. u will eventually get to 36 " below ground level and it should not take that long. u might even be able to just dig it with out the ramp.

/ Using FEL to dig test pit for septic leach field #4  
According to the website Malibu had in his post:'"Dig test holes. The test holes should be round and at least 6 inches, but no larger than 8 inches, in diameter."

Gonna have a hard time digging a 6" diameter hole with a front end loader.

Bill Tolle

/ Using FEL to dig test pit for septic leach field #5  
I just dug my test holes here in washington about three months ago. Mine were required to be 2'by 4' by 5' deep. I think it is a different requirement for every state/county. Fortunately I opted for the bx23 and got to dig them with the backhoe.

/ Using FEL to dig test pit for septic leach field #6  
I had to dig a small round hole for the percolation test and a hole as deep as my BX would dig for the Health Inspector to see the different soil layers when I went for my permits

/ Using FEL to dig test pit for septic leach field #7  
Here in Massachusetts the perk hole has to be 18 inches deep into sutable soil,usually the C1 or C2 layer The test hole to observe the water table must be around ten feet deep.