Range selection question

/ Range selection question #1  

MarkLeininger

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 2710
Bought a new 2710, read the manual. Question:
It says if the range selector won't move out of a range into neutral you should press firmly on the brakes for several seconds and without letting go, depress the clutch, then try. Huh?
What is the connection between holding the brakes and getting the range selector into neutral?

/ Range selection question #2  
How about; Brakes to make sure that the wheels are not torquing the range gears, and clutch to make sure that engine is not torquing the gears?

/ Range selection question #3  
How about; if your foot is on the brakes, then it isn't on the HST pedal...

I agree with JRobyn, but it's probably a safety thing as well.

/ Range selection question #4  
If you just want to shift into neutral, try just moving the lever to N when the tractor is slowing to a stop, without pushing the clutch in at all.

How soon we forget, but I THINK what I do when shifting is just shift between ranges as the stractor is slowing to a stop without using the clutch at all.

If this does not seem to feel comfortable, push the clutch as the tractor is slowing to a stop and see what happens.

I have noticed that shifting between ranges is easier when doing the above, and that the more I shifted between ranges the easier the range change became.

I have a B2910 which is essentially the same tractor as the B2710, except for the engine.

My experience anyway... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Range selection question #5  
no my B2400 i just depress the clutch and change , on the rare occasions it is hard , i just press the hydro pedal and try again.

/ Range selection question
I like Henro's method, guarantees no load on the gear train.
thanks