Super UDT

/ Super UDT #11  
Bowman....

UDT and Super UDT have been discussed exstinsively in the oil forum and the general consensus it that SUDT defininitely performs better in colder operating environments. Skypup has recommend three fine products but note that the AMSOIL synthetic does not meet specs of Super UDT, but it is probably better than dino. AMSOIL/Super UDT Discussion

/ Super UDT #12  
I saw that and what I do not get, yes do not get, is that Amsoil passes there UDT so you can use it where udt is fine to use.

I would like to know where is only SDT used and not UDT used.

/ Super UDT #13  
Super UDT is not required but highly recommended in all tractors, not just HST or even GST in fact, it is compatible for almost all tractors. Your Kubota dealer may have a brochure on it. Whatever is in it, it is unique enough to be patented, definitely enhances performance and judging from the interchangeability chart is compatible with everything from AGCO Powerfluid 821 XL, JD 303, J14C, J20A, J20C, New Holland/Ford Select-O-Matic, M2C41B, M2C48B, M2C53A, M2C86A, M2C134D/CNH MAT3525 to White Oliver Type 55. It is also fairly expensive at about $70 for a 5 gallon container.

/ Super UDT #14  
Kubota spec'ed their S-UDT specifically for the better flow rate through their 70 micron hydro filters with their GST & HST transmissions, although there is nothing wrong with using it with any manual tranny.

/ Super UDT #15  
ok, it is just weird the Amsoil passes UDT but not SDT per amsoil.

So my manual states my BX can use either UDT or SDT. So Amsoil is fine if I want to go the UDT route but not the SDT..That is confusing here.

/ Super UDT #16  
I’m confused too. I believe there have been other threads that have definitively concluded that Super UDT is NOT a synthetic product. A blend, at best.

So, what additives can be in the SUDT that are not in the Amsoil?

In my opinion, GSXR1100 is among the gods when it comes to knowledge of this stuff. Maybe you can help shed some light on these issues.

/ Super UDT #17  
Mike, your confusing me. I had a UDT, Amsoil and Super UDT spec sheet once. Where Amsoil was less then Super UDT but better then UDT was in cold weather performance. It is somewhere between the two. There were other categoties but none where Amsoil exceeded Super UDT but almost always surpassed UDT. UDT will work in all Kubota tractors however in cold weather, it is highly recommended to use Super UDT. I think it's your choice but today especially having HST, the cold weather will dictate that the warm up procedures are more closely adhered too. Rumour had it that folks were forgoing the warm up period and driving off even in sub zero weather. There were issues and thus Kubotas answer was to have developed a synthetic or synthetic like hydraulic fluid, insurance I suppose. I for one, start my tractor, hop on it and go, but then, my cold temps are in the 40's. There may be some Kubotas that only are spec'd for Super UDT only, I am not aware of those. If Super UDT is not synthetic, then they have figured out how to exceed synthetic oil in cold weather performance. I suggest that we don't know if it is synthetic or not, it could be from Mars for all we know, regardless, the specifications I saw spoke for themselves. I don't consider Mike a oil god, but without a doubt, a greasy character. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Super UDT #18  
SAE Technical Papers
Document Number: 972788

TITLE: Development of High-Performance Transmission/Hydraulic Fluid (Kubota Super-Udt) Establishing the Specification and New Test Method

AUTHOR(S):
Nobushige Ichikawa - Kubota Tractor Corp
Tsunejiryo Seno - Kubota Tractor Corp

I repeat, if you wish to learn about Kubota's specialized specifications and requirements regarding the use of their SuperUDT in HST and GST Kubota transmissions, look no farther.

/ Super UDT #19  
Ok,

I get what you state and Amsoil is good for UDT spec’s per Amsoil.

So if I want to fill my BX with UDT oil, I can use Amsoil or UDT fluid

Then on the other hand, if I wanted to fill my BX with SDT, I can’t use Amsoil fluid

That is what is confusing. The customer picks the oil he wants, then based on what he selects (UDT or SDT) we can pick Amsoil or not (in the case of SDT) or Amsoil in case of UDT.

That is very WEIRD thing to leave in the customer’s hands. Bases on my BX I can use with UDT (or Amsoil) or SDT and be fine.

Ps. I am not an oil god, but someone who is there to help synthetic along for a "better" ride! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Super UDT #20  
To put UDT into a BX would be replacing a superior product with a lesser product, since the BX comes factory filled with Super UDT. I don't understand how you can be confused, since you seem to understand the engine oils so well. When the Oil G-d is confused, there is no hope for us mortals.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I will continue to use what the factory fill is until Kubota comes out with a better product and starts to recommend it. I have no problem supporting Amsoil or any other brand for that matter, but they have to meet the published standard of Kubota first and publicly state that. The only company that I know of that pubicly states that there fluid is a direct replacement for Super UDT is the Chevron product. I don't know for certain, but I surmise that Chevron might be the OEM for Kubota Super UDT and that is why they can make that claim.