tiller size?

/ tiller size? #1  

WiJC

Silver Member
Tractor
kubota B7610
i am going to get a tiller for my b7610. i have already heard from killer b that a woods 52" has worked well for him.

anyone have any ideas about the best size to get for my machine?

also, which brand will give me the most bang for my buck?

thanks
John

/ tiller size?
anyone?? anyone?? bueller??

/ tiller size? #3  
WiJC: I went through this process almost a year ago. I concluded that the gear- driven (as compared with chain-driven) tillers were a somewhat better design although I am sure that for homeowner use, either would be more than adequate.

Since a gear driven tiller of the right size for my B7800 from Carter & Carter (CCM) was about the same price as decent chain-driven tillers, I went with that. The proper width depends on PTH hp. The CCM website has the info, but it looks like your 18pto hp will handle either a 49" or 58" tiller. the only significance IMHO is that the tiller be wider than the tractor width and since your tractor's width is 46" I would probably go with the 49" rather than having the minimum rec. power for the wider tiller.

Hope this helps.

/ tiller size? #4  
The Kubota manual that came with the tractor should have a recommendation on the best tiller size for that tractor. I looked very quickly on the Kubota site and the biggest tiller they have listed as an attachment for the B7610 was a 50".
Judging by what the Kubota manual and website said about recommended implement size on my BX23 and the sizes I have actually used on the tractor I think in most cases the Kubota recommended sizes are what you should aim for. A 52" isn't that much bigger than a 50" - so it would probably be ok. Going to say a 60" would probably be way too big.