Clearly stated:3130 underpowered! More than once

/ Clearly stated:3130 underpowered! More than once #1  

ramon49

Bronze Member
Tractor
L3130
This tractor should go under a nationwide RECALL for under power and most importantly safety! To have Newbie's sold something that can't go up an incline (should be clearly stated in Brochure) and maybe dangerous (roll backwards)? To have the backhoe hydraulic hose break and crush your toes because the Boom pin falls out is disingenous!

/ Clearly stated:3130 underpowered! More than once #2  
I guess you didn't read my post under your other heading. I even posted pictures of the 13-14% grade I pull a loaded trailer of over 3000lbs up reguarly in 4th gear low range. How come my L3130 seems to have no problem? If anything I have more power than I need for my applications. You try to make it sound like at best all an L3130 can do is barley move along and only on level ground. You challenged anyone to show you how their's was used on anything above a 2% slope and I showed you how I use mine on a slope much steeper than that.

/ Clearly stated:3130 underpowered! More than once #3  
Why are you posting this again. We understand. Please do us all a favor and sell it.

/ Clearly stated:3130 underpowered! More than once #4  
Just Curiousity killing the cat here but why does this keep coming up? Everyone here seems to already know that Ramon49 is unhappy with the tractor he has. Whether or not anyone agrees or disagrees is not really of consern.

If I bought something and was as dissatified as Ramon seems to be I think I would at the very least trade it in on something else.

Idunno Just seems like this subject has been beat to death.

/ Clearly stated:3130 underpowered! More than once #5  
Hello Ramondo. I have read your post and although I am not a big fan of Kubota for several reasons I do not find them to be bad machines. Over priced for what you get (at least in our area) yes.

I can see you are very displeased with your machine and several people have told you that you may go back to the dealer and try and see if you can get them to work with you as it would appear that maybe you could have gotten one with some problem.

If operator error is out then your tractor should have more power than you are describing and several owners of the same machine are not experiencing your dilema so why not take it back?

I am not against you and personally would have suggested something other than that machine but really, there has to be something more than it is underpowered for the applications I think you described.

Are you and the dealer on good terms or has a bridge been burned? If you are on good terms maybe they will help you in a resolution that will please you, make you a happy Kubota customer and then you can do the work you need to do efficiently.

Good Luck,
Maka

/ Clearly stated:3130 underpowered! More than once #6  
Ramon here's a #310 370 3370 Call there tell them about your problem they should take care of you there good luck. . .

/ Clearly stated:3130 underpowered! More than once #7  
ramon49,

This is what you posted on 1/04/05.

"la723, bh90,curtis sno blade, box. After learning how to use the HST , different from b2400, has plenty of power. I am really impressed with root ripping capability. The Curtis cab and heater makes for a pleasant day when it's 12 degrees. The snow moving was flawless, probably need front chains, we'll see. The box is new so I'm still in need of warm weather. I have a question about white smoke on startup only, is it ok? I want to say that I am happy with everything and the attachments. Wish I would of known about FEL quick attach "Tach All", my goof for not coming here before I bought this Renoir masterpiece.. "

What has happened since then?

Also, you seem to refer to your backhoe as a 4690 in some threads and a BH90 in others. Two really different animals.

I've read most of your posts on this saga and here's my $0.02.

If you have your rear tires loaded, I'd take the ballast out.

When stepping on the hydo pedal, pretend there's an egg between your foot and the pedal. Gentle, even pressure. When the tractor bogs down, lift UP!

I don't see how the tractor can dyno test at the rated PTO hp and still have all the issues you mention unless there is a large difference in elevation between the dyno and where you're using it. Even then, you shouldn't see the issues to the extent you're describing in some of these posts.

As others have stated, this is a very heavy tractor for it's rated engine power. That doesn't mean it CAN'T do the work of its higher horsepowered siblings, just that you need to coax it a long a little bit more.

I suspect that there might be several issues affecting your tractor including possible altitude effects, operator error (as you stated, it's a different hydro than your previous tractors) and impatience, and excessive weight.

For all intents and purposes, your L3130 has the same hp as my B2910, but mine WITH my backhoe & loader is UNDER 4,000 lbs. Yours is quite a bit more than that and to accommodate that, the hydro pedal will require a lighter touch. Personally, I think my tractor has more power than it can get to the ground. Having more weight could increase it's productivity in pushing/pulling heavy things around but the compromise is that it wouldn't be able to do it as quickly.

I hope you resolve your issues.

Going way out on a limb here, but are there any TBN members that own L3130's that live near you?

As another thought, have you tried a different L3130 since buying yours? Perhaps either at your dealers place or another Kubota dealer. Since most people here with the L3130 seem to like theirs, it would seem to be odd that 2 units would have the same "problem", if one exists.

Good Luck,

~Rick

/ Clearly stated:3130 underpowered! More than once
You are right ! Don't want to rehash the same old problems with "my" 3130. Kubota did make an offer of doing nothing for me. My dealer (past tense) offered to buy it back however, being Rural I don't have a way to go to the next dealer that has one. Coincidentally, returning the 3130 back to dealer I would lose 2-5 thousand. The dealer did offer to sell a 3830 for 4,200 more than the 3130 which was overpriced at 21,170--- New 3830 (25,370) and then the dealer would have to strip off the cab,heater, hydraulics for blade, lights and so forth. So you see I'm catching it from all directions and feel that I have been "taken". How would you feel if this was happening to you. If only Kubota/ dealer would negotiate in good faith so this wouldn't be a lose/lose proposition for me. I even offered to buy a new 3830 and pony up some difference, but Kubota said "no" you bought it you eat it , literally..

/ Clearly stated:3130 underpowered! More than once
I guess you didn't read my post under your other heading. I

Farmer ED, How do you put the HST into 4th gear???
Feel blessed that your 3130 is overpowered, 7 members love their 3130 and about 4 don't and 3 dealers say their underpowered????????? Bet there are allot of lurker's that haven't commented.

/ Clearly stated:3130 underpowered! More than once #10  
If the tractor made me as miserable as You are about it, I would be rid of it before the sun went down tomorrow.

No matter what the cost it would find a new home.