Power Steering Problem Not Solved

/ Power Steering Problem Not Solved #31  
I'm with Gene on this, the hitch shouldn't be leaking down. If it is, I doubt you're screwed! My guess is that you have a valve that is leaking somewhere allowing the hitch to drop down. So you're not screwed, you're on to something.

If your hydraulics are always fighting a leaking valve, eventually the pump and oil will overheat. The question is how do you find out where the problem is. Kubmech, is this a reasonable hypothesis and worth checking on? And if so, how would you do so?
Todd

/ Power Steering Problem Not Solved #32  
I'm starting to wonder the same thing. if there is a seal blown on the 3 point piston the position control will continually try to keep up with the loss of fluid and maintain hitch position. If the mower isn't being run so the 3 point is in the full down position (relaxed) including box blade. I believe the hyd fluid is in a constant bypass wether past the leak or against the relief valve (feel like I'd have to be there to verify both possibilities) the fluid would definitely run alot hotter than it should be. Just as a refresher, Alan has had the steering unit replaced, and now his problem is worse than before. I'm personally wondering about the condition of the ps pump at this point, but unfortunately Texas is a bit out of my area. The mention of the 3 point drift problem is new to me (don't remember Alan mentioning this before) but could definitely be a contributing factor depending on the exact nature of the problem.

/ Power Steering Problem Not Solved #33  
Ron, may be getting closer, does it always show up while using a rear mounted implement (pto run or not)? 210 is HOT! Do you run your belly mount all the way down (3 point at lowest position)?

/ Power Steering Problem Not Solved
The leak down problem was seemingly so inconsequential I have never mentioned it to anyone. However it has happened, only with the cutter, from day one when the tractor was new. The leakdown is so slow that the only time I notice it is when I look at the previous pass and see two ruts where the leading edges of the sides of the cutter have dug in. I can simply raise the cutter and lower it back down against the stop as I have set it (about a "5") and its OK for a few rounds. I really never thought much about it. maybe you guys are on to something.

My tractor is at the dealer now (again) so I will call tomorrow and get them to check it. The reason the dealer has it is that they forgot to fix the leaky fuel tank hose when they had it before. They caused it when they replaced the steering assembly and left off a hose or something so it leaks when I fill it up. I would have fixed it myself if I could figure out how to get to it without pulling the engine.

Alan L., TX

/ Power Steering Problem Not Solved #35  
Hell replace the Hydralic pump may not be pumping correctly that would make 3 pt drift

Alex (B8200/HST/4WD/FEL/MidM/Tiller

/ Power Steering Problem Not Solved
I called the dealer service manager and mentioned the leak down problem, could it be related to the steering issue, etc. He said some leakdown is normal ("this means the tractor is operating as designed /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif") and that it can have nothing to do with the steering. Blah blah blah.......

Alan L., TX

/ Power Steering Problem Not Solved #37  
Alan,
I have a B2150D (gear-shift, 4wd) w/ FEL. I mowed last night for about two hours. I use a 5' finish mower. It was 93 degrees and I was running the tractor hard by cutting taller grass and going faster than I would normally. The temp gauge went higher than I ever saw it go. It went a little past 3/4. I don't like it to be that hot! Someone earlier said that their old B2150 had the same problem you've been having. I remembered that last night and when the temp gauge was at it's hottest, I stopped the tractor and took it out of gear. I released the clutch to allow the blades to spin up (still idling). This is not going to make you happy, but just sitting still, idling, blades moving, hotter than I've ever had it before, the power steering still worked great. I raised the FEL and mower all the way and still not a power steering problem. I feel for you and your problem. I would hammer the dealer and Kubota and become a thorn in their side! I'm sure you love your tractor and would probably have another one. I'm sure this is a quality problem on some part (I'm guessing some relief valve). Hopefully the dealer and Kubota will bend at some point and fix the problem or get you a new tractor. GOOD LUCK!!!

/ Power Steering Problem Not Solved #38  
Alan,
I don't know about the leak down being normal. As far as I can tell, my B21 does not have any leak down. It would be interesting to see if some of us could leave an implement raised for the night and measure any drop. I only get to my tractor on weekends, but will give it a try. Maybe someone else can try it sooner. We need to get to the bottom of this steering thing for you.

MarkV

/ Power Steering Problem Not Solved #39  
Loader and backhoe leakdown is normal. 3 point hitch leakdown is not. Most 3 points hold position for a long time, the leakdown you're describing sounds excessive to me. Pick up your mower and watch it, if you can see it drifting down there is a problem. I'd even venture to say it'll hold all night.
Hopefully a few others will try this to verify results.

/ Power Steering Problem Not Solved #40  
I don't think my L2250 3 point hitch will ever leak down. I've inadvertantly left it partially up all night with a brush hog on it with no leakdown.