L3130 GST. Wires under left side of tractor.

/ L3130 GST. Wires under left side of tractor. #1  

smittyd3

Silver Member
Tractor
L3130
Does anyone who owns an L3130 GST had any trouble with the wires on the left side and underneath the tractor getting pulled out while clearing brush? The tractor has a small guard to protect the wires, but I let a piece of privet hedge slip under the bucket instead of pushing it completely out of the ground and it bent the guard clear around and exposed the wires. I think I can get a piece of 1/4 metal and make a plate to keep sticks and brush from getting to the wires.

What about a belly pan?

I wonder if the straight shift or HST has wires located on the left side of the transmission or is only on the GST ?

I had a good day on the tractor today!

/ L3130 GST. Wires under left side of tractor. #2  
NO, I have cut threw very brushy woods with my L3130 GST & never had a problem. You should definitly persue that gaurd though.

/ L3130 GST. Wires under left side of tractor.
Thanks Grassgod,

It may have been one of those freak things that happen, but I am going to pursue the guard as well as being a bit more careful.

/ L3130 GST. Wires under left side of tractor. #4  
A little off subject but I do alot of four wheeling and skid plates are big aftermarket products for four wheelers and rockcrawlers. I wonder how big of a market there would be for tractor skid plates?

/ L3130 GST. Wires under left side of tractor. #5  
I have an L3130HST so looking at mine won't help. I believe, from looking at the service manual that those wires are from the shift control box to the transmission. They drive the solenoids that do the shifting inside the transmission. You damage them and the transmission won't shift and probably won't go or have only 1 gear.

Heavy guards are probably a good idea if you plan to do much work in brush.

Vernon

/ L3130 GST. Wires under left side of tractor.
Thanks Guys,

I am looking into a guard of some sort.

I have a couple more acres of light clearing and I don't want to knock those wires off.

Thanks,

Smitty