L245DT

/ L245DT #1  

twodogs

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
I am considering the purchase of an L245DT. It is being sold with a 5' finish mower & a plow. I am new to this, please forgive my ignorance.

I am considering selling my Ford 8N so that I can purchase this Kubota. I have a 5' brush hog for the Ford, I would like to keep it for the Kubota, if it would work on it.

I would like to cut my yard (about 3 acres), and my fields (about 20 acres - once per year). I would also like to be able to plow my paved driveway (Pittsburgh area). Does anyone know if this particular tractor has the ability to do all of those things? Ideally, I would like to have a MMM for the yard. Is this tractor capable of handling that? The tractor is rated at 22hp - would it handle a 5' brush hog for my fields?

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!!

/ L245DT #2  
Hey twodogs, I had one of those before I bought my 3010. It would probably handle a 5' hog if you have flat ground. If your only going to bush hog your field once a year it would probably be slow going. I had 4' on my 8N, but it was because of my hilly land and the 8N's gearing. I had real good experience with mine, it was a great little tractor. You will be impressed, theres a big difference between that little tractor and the 8N. Mine would go places I'd never dream of taking that 8N through. I would think you could purchase a mid mount mower if it has a mid mount pto, not sure though.

Good Luck.
Steve

/ L245DT #3  
I bought a L245DT in 1981 and traded up in 2000 for a 3710. I too had a dozer blade on the front and a 5' finishing mower, and used a 5' bushhog. I cleared 15 acres of heavy brush and small trees with the L245DT, as well as plowed snow for years on a long driveway. I also used an auger to drill holes for fence posts and cut a lot of grass with the finishing mower. The only reason I traded up was that I wanted a frontend loader and the 245 did not have power steering. I had ag tires on it, and it was incredible the places it would go! They don't build them like that one anymore. I kept it waxed and in a garage and it looked as good as new the day I sold it! Good luck, you won't regret it!

/ L245DT #4  
TwoDogs..I have an L235..it might be old, but it does me just fine..I have a 5' Howze brush hog, FEL and a 5' box blade with the tractor..I routinely cut 5 to 7 acres of hay several times a year plus use the FEL for all kinds of stuff..all I can say about buying your L245 is. check it out real good..that it's mechanically sound..how many hours does it have..maintenance history..etc..

/ L245DT #5  
I bought a L245DT in OCT. 2004, It had abt 1200 hrs on it, has a Bush Hog brand FEL, 5 ft bushog, boxblade, and I just bought a post hole digger, not sure what year model mine is, but it is a workhorse, have not found anything it can't handle, within reason...good luck