Ballast B7610 Ballast

/ B7610 Ballast #1  

Killer_B

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320
In case it hasn’t been covered before, the B7610 with R4’s takes 35 gallons of WW fluid. A little over 17 gallons in each rear tire.

I used a drill pump, fluid filler fitting, and some ½" poly pipe I had lying around. The whole process took just over an hour. There were no complications. Photo attached.

Attachments

• 582263-Ballast small.jpg
    582263-Ballast small.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 451
   / B7610 Ballast #2  
looks like a neat job. how far did 17 gal. fill the tire?

/ B7610 Ballast
Frank,

I filled them all the way to the top of the rim. The filler adapter I used had a vent hole to let air escape as the tire filled. I just put the valve at the 12:00 position and waited for fluid to start squirting out the vent hole, which it did about 17.3 gallons later. When I removed the filler adapter, about 1/4 cup ran out.

Are you thinking about filling your tires?

/ B7610 Ballast #4  
What does the relief valve that you used look like and where did you buy it? How could I make one?

/ B7610 Ballast #8  
Oops... being a software engineer, I get paid to write stuff like this and then fix the bugs. Guess I forgot that I wasn't at work! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for catching that. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ B7610 Ballast #9  
KillerB, get those tires dirty man!

/ B7610 Ballast #10  
Does the valve stem or core on the tire need to be replaced with something different than what is factory supplied to fill the tires? Killer, did you use straight WW fluid, or diluted with water? Lastly, is there any advantage to using or is a tube a requirement for filling tires? I'm considering doing this to my tractor. It sometimes feels a little light on the rear end when doing loader work. I don't mow with mine so I'm not concerned with the extra weight on the tires and the possibility of denting the lawn. Killerb, you'll have to post some follow-up comments after you get some seat time.