BX1500 PHD compatability

/ BX1500 PHD compatability #1  

cokeman

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota T1570
I'm looking to buy a Post hole digger for my BX1500. I went to my dealer to look into a Land Pride PD10 which is sized for sub cuts. My dealer claims it won't fit my machine but will fit the 18 and 22 hp BX's. He says because my tractor has 2 inch smaller tires the phd will not clear the ground even when the tph is fully raised.

Does anyone have a PD10 on their BX1500? I can't imagine 2 inches of tire diameter would make much of a difference.

Dean

/ BX1500 PHD compatability #2  
There must be some pretty tight tolerances on that post hole digger - the tires on the BX1500 are 2 inches less in total diameter than the tires on it's larger cousins but effectively only puts you 1 inch closer to the ground. If you compare the specs on the BX1500 and BX1830/2230 side by side the total height of the 1500 is only 1 - 1.5 inches lower than the 1830/2230. Given this small difference the only other thing that I can think of that would preclude you using the post hole digger on the BX1500 is if the 3pt hitch itself on the BX1500 was significantly lower in the frame than it's larger cousins.

Even if the 3pt is for some reason lower there are mods you can do to the 3pt to increase lift. Do a search here on tractorbynet - there are some threads on drilling different holes etc to increase the 3pt lift. The other issue to research is whether the BX1500 would have the power to drive the PHD auger once you got it attached.

/ BX1500 PHD compatability #3  
Cokeman, Woods Equipment offer some PHD's that are made for subcompacts in the 15-25 HP range. You may want to check their website, www. woodsequipment.com, and download the specs on their PHD's.............................Bill

/ BX1500 PHD compatability #4  
I think your dealer is right. I think the Woods Estate series PHD is the only one that fits the 1500 well.

/ BX1500 PHD compatability #5  
15hp could definitely cause a power problem.....depending on your soils. Not sure the smaller subcompacts were designed for PHDs. I'd be careful with your PTO.

Maybe you should ask your dealer or find another one that might let you test one out before you buy it....probably not, but worth a try.