Well I almost had my sleeve hitch plow working

/ Well I almost had my sleeve hitch plow working #1  

DaMadman

Silver Member
Tractor
BX23
I took the Sleeve Hitch off the old Garden Tractor and did some refabrication and had a guy weld a arm on the top to hook this sleeve hitch to my 3 point hitch on the Kubota. I hooked the Mouldboard plow to it and plowed a small area that I had a garden in last year. I tried using the box Scraper that I have and the weld the guy did for me cracked. So I drilled a hole through the welded arm and put a bolt through it and plowed a little more but the bolt was too small and the weld broke and snapped the bolt too.

I Think I am going to grind the old weld mess off and take it back to him and see if he will re weld it with something heavier, The first time he did it I think he just did a quickie job and I think the weld just wasn't that great. Can't complain for free though. I should have taken some pictures but I was more interested in trying out the adapter to see if it was going to work. Looks like it will suffice for this year, if I can get that arms welded strong enough. That way I won't be in a rush to find the 3 point plows and disks, I can keep my eyes out for some bargains and will have plenty of time to shop for some used implements.

/ Well I almost had my sleeve hitch plow working #2  
Sorry to hear it didn't work perfect out of the chute........of course neither did mine as I had forgotten the stop plate to begin with. Hopefully the repair will get you up and running soon.

We still want pictures even if it's of the broken part. You can never have to many pictures, heck they save 1000 words of typing each time /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif