L4200 leak

/ L4200 leak #1  

gatractorman

Silver Member
Tractor
varies never keep one long enough to post here lol
Hello folks, I'm working on a L4200 4x4 that appears to have a leak where the driveshaft to the front wheels comes out of the transmission. What is involved in replacing the seal in there? Dont look like much room to be working in there. Thanks for any help

/ L4200 leak #2  
Looking at a print of the Front axle and transmission seals on the transmission side is a double oil seal should be about the same as replacing front seal on veh. Any idea why a double seal should leak, is it possible coming from some other area.
Print shows 2 seals,sleeve, collar, bearing, another sleeve.
on another link had request if anyone had shaft problems same area of tractor. se'ya ken

/ L4200 leak
Thanks for the reply, I'm fairly sure thats where the leak is, when I compressed the guard tube around the driveshaft there was alot of oil that drained out of the tube. Does sound suspicious as to why it leaks if there is 2 seals, I might should try wiggling the shaft on that end to see if the bearing might be bad, I'll try to find the link you reffered to that would give me some pointers probably. Thanks again

/ L4200 leak #4  
A little slow to answer been out of town, Looking at the front Differential Assembly there is a seal also, and the only way this would leak if there was to much oil, this could be checked at the fill hole located in front of axle shaft. How many hours on the tractor?
se'ya ken