Oil & Fuel got my l3400 friday/ fuel bowl concerns

/ got my l3400 friday/ fuel bowl concerns #1  

chrisscruton

Tractor
Kubota 3400/KubotaB6100
recieved my l3400 with fel & woods 7500 backhoe it seems like a real work horse. even my jd friend, who wanted me to buy a 4310, was impress with the tractor. the only thing i dont like is the fuel bowl placment, it hangs quite a ways out from the enigine unprotected,just waiting for a stick to hit it. maybe over concern. however what a machine for the price.i love it.

/ got my l3400 friday/ fuel bowl concerns #2  
I tried a L3400 out in mid December and that was one of my main concerns -- the unprotected fuel bowl. There should be a way to make a guard to keep brush from hitting it.

I ended up with an L3130 which has a protected fuel bowl.

The L3400 is a strong tractor. If you try picking something up with the loader and it's too heavy for it the back of the tractor will come off the ground if you don't have any weight back there. I think the L3400 is a great value it just needs a bracket or guard around that fuel bowl if you are clearing brush.

I'm having a friend of mine make a skid plate for the bottom of the L3130 to protect the GST wires.

/ got my l3400 friday/ fuel bowl concerns
Yes, i have been thinking about fabracating a protective bracket for that problem. How much heavier is the 3130 vrs 3400 in the back end? I didnt really look at the 3130, seemed to pricey vrs the 3400 for what we need. What are some of the major differences?

/ got my l3400 friday/ fuel bowl concerns #4  
The L3130 has a bigger frame, bigger tires, but less hp than the L3400.

The L3130 4WD is about 700 pound heavier than the L3400 4WD.

The wheel base is a little more on the L3130.

The L3130 has some features that you could do without; the floor mat, tilt steering wheel, all the digital readouts, the flat floorboard, cup holder, etc...

If they made the larger tractor without all the frills I would have got it instead of the L3130, but sometimes you have to buy stuff you don't need to get what you want.

/ got my l3400 friday/ fuel bowl concerns #5  
I have used my L3400 in brush and heavy wooded ground, the fuel bowl does not seem to be a problem. I will continue to use it in heavy multiflora rose and osage orange. I hope I do not have to come back on and report you were right to be concerned.

/ got my l3400 friday/ fuel bowl concerns #6  
I believe my L 2800 is about the same as the 3400 as far as the tractor size is concerned and the fuel bowl is exposed and mine has been knocked crooked on the threads. I could smell the fuel leaking. I was able to just unscrew it and screw it back straight. I was lucky it didn't break . It's still exposed waiting to get hit again. Maybe I'll look into some type of shield. Hadn't even thought about it.

/ got my l3400 friday/ fuel bowl concerns #7  
Not a bad pick up and that means a lot coming from me, a die hard Massey fan. Its definatly the right size for what you seem to be doing with it but agian wrong company haha. No really great tractor, good price, nice horse power I know you'll love it and if I had to pick a second company as my favorite it would have to be Kubota. Those things never break. Also That Woods Backhoe is a nice addition........it'll be lots of fun!!
MASSEY FERGUSON