Mowing Grass sticking to bottom of mower deck

/ Grass sticking to bottom of mower deck #1  

Von

Veteran Member, Advertiser
Tractor
Kubota B2710
Does anyone know what works on keeping the grass from sticking to the bottom of the mower deck? I cleaned mine the other day and used the oil/diesel mix, and after cutting my 5 acrs. twice I had to do it all over again. I got about a wheelbarrow full. I have been cutting it in the late afternoon when it is dry and I am still getting the build-up. I am going to try cleaning it real good and repainting the bottom, then use SLIP-PLATE on it. Has anyone had good luck with this stuff, or am I wasting my time? Should I do something else? Thanks for your help.

18-30445-von.gif

/ Grass sticking to bottom of mower deck #2  
Von,
I've had good luck with WD40. I buy it in the gallon cans and spray it with the little hand pump sprayer that WD40 makes. I do an occasional pressure wash to remove any buildup. I have the 60" and haven't had any major problems with the grass sticking.

Mike

/ Grass sticking to bottom of mower deck #3  
Forget applying anything.
Keep it dry and nothing will stick as bad as your now experiencing.

15-52855-thumbnail.jpg

2001 BX2200
All Kubota FEL,
Tiller, box blade,
blower w/elec shute,
60 mid mt deck.
Ag tires on order.
I traded up from
a 1984 JD 318
after 687 hrs.

/ Grass sticking to bottom of mower deck #4  
Von,I would recommend a set of Hi-Lift blades.Have had a set on our deck for 3 seasons now and would'nt be without them.The blades not only help pick up the grass that your front tires track down,but also blow the clippings out the discharge much better.Don't have a whole lot of build up under the deck,unless I run over some very wet stuff.

/ Grass sticking to bottom of mower deck #5  
MReeter,

Are the high lift blades from Kubota?

Bruce

/ Grass sticking to bottom of mower deck #6  
Those high lift blades sound great - I am so tired of watching two rows of dandelion heads spring back up where I ran them over with the front wheels!!! I'd also be interested to know where you got the blades from (and $$$).

/ Grass sticking to bottom of mower deck #7  
High Lift Blades for Kubota 72" MMM. Kubota part # 33097-88890.Total cost,about 36 bucks,give or take a little change.

/ Grass sticking to bottom of mower deck #8  
Von,

I just realized you got a new tractor while I was away from this forum for a few months. Congrats!

Now, I'm just curious. Since I know you have been mowing with your old Kubota for many years and maybe your Oliver before that, what was it you used to keep your deck grass free all that time?

Is this the polish the new car euphoria.

/ Grass sticking to bottom of mower deck
Glenn,
I had a Ford 72" rear finish mower that was made by Woods, I would clean it about twice a season. It did not have the problem that I am having now. I think I will look into the high lift blades and see if it makes a difference. At the price of $36.00 I can't get hurt too bad if it doesen't make a difference. I will just have an extra see of blades. I will let you know how it works out.

18-30445-von.gif

/ Grass sticking to bottom of mower deck
Well after cutting the yard once I got a big buildup on the bottom of the deck again. So I used the pressure washer, cleaned and repainted the bottom again. I will use the slip Plate and see if that works. Next step is the high lift blades if the Slip Plate does not work. I hope the attached photo file is not too big.

18-30445-von.gif

Attachments

• 2-54171-bottomofdeck.jpg
    2-54171-bottomofdeck.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 272