B7610 wheel wobble follow up.

/ B7610 wheel wobble follow up. #1  

Suess

Bronze Member
This is a follow up to my previous post on B7610 wheel wobble. I asked the dealer to look at the wobble and they contacted kubota. The response was that wheel wobble is inherent to the design of the hub assembly and at the speed a B7610 operates at it is not a problem. I'm not sure what to think.

/ B7610 wheel wobble follow up. #2  
Unacceptable!
Find another 7610 on a lot somewhere and test drive it.
I have a 2410 and there is NO wheel wobble.

/ B7610 wheel wobble follow up. #4  
My waddles a bit at road speed. Don't notice it anywhere else.

/ B7610 wheel wobble follow up. #5  
After your intial post on the topic I have been keeping a eye on mine, every once in a while I use the BH stabilizers and lift the rear off the ground and check the tires, no wobble so far. I wonder if the nut starts to loosen then "rounds out" the hub subsequently preventing a tight bind on the axle. To me the wobble would do nothing but get worse over time. I would contact a Kubota rep personally and kick it up to a regional contact. After GM told me my Silverado's piston slap was inherent to the design of that engine, I call BS to companies calling design flaws "inherent charateristics" ya know?

/ B7610 wheel wobble follow up. #6  
Suess -

I have just over 100 hrs on my B7610 - no wobble to report here either. I re-read your original "wobble" post again - something just doesn't sit right....

"inherent in the design" is a big, stinkin' pile o' B.S. IMHO. An "inherent wobble" is going to put alternating mechanical stresses into whatever is supporting the wobbling item. Any engineer who designs an "inherently wobbly" drive mechanism (that should NOT be wobbly) needs to be shown the door. I seriously doubt the folks in Japan would let this pass - heck didn't they practically invent ergonomics? I just can't imagine one of their testers' hopping off a wobbling CUT after several hours and declaring: "what a comfortable ride!" /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Are there any other 'Bota dealers nearby - assuming your local rep is saying "case closed" - where you might be able to discreetly "test drive" another B7610 to compare?

MoBota's suggestion to kick the issue up to a regional rep sounds like a good idea - the sooner the better, I'd think.

I hope you get some results!

Dan

/ B7610 wheel wobble follow up. #7  
Just wanted to place my vote. No wobble on mine with about 40 hours on it. Curious to what tires you have. I'm not sure about the R1s, but I know that the R4s, Turfs and Bar/Turfs use three different types of rims. All different sizes also. Wonder if your particular style rim could be more suseptible to the wobble. Just a thought.

/ B7610 wheel wobble follow up. #8  
Just a follow up question...

But I wonder about the wobble question. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Seems like there could be two kinds of wobble. One would be due to some kind of looseness.

The other would be due to the wheel being tight, but at some angle different than 90 degress to the axle. In this case the wheel would "wobble" once per each turn.

Which wobble are we talking about here? No doubt neither would desirable, but a wobble due to to being loose would be the greatest concern in my book.

My guess is that Kubota is talking about the wobble that might come when everything is tight, but slightly out of "alignment."

Loose wobble would certainly be an issue that should be corrected, at least in my mind.

At this point I am not sure which is being discussed in this thread...

/ B7610 wheel wobble follow up.
Thanks for all the replies. Tires are R4. Hubs kept tight and checked regularly. They have never come loose. I have spend hours trying different configurations to get them to run straight. The whole CUT does not wobble very noticeably just the wheels. Where I have them set now they wobble back and forth about a inch. Thats side to side wheel wobble with the hubs tight. Having them straight when tighten the wedge does seem to help some but still cannot get them to run true. dealer could not either. I will call Kubota myself and see what they say. Thanks again.

/ B7610 wheel wobble follow up. #10  
We run a 55 acre christmas tree farm and have a B6100 for mowing in between the trees with a brush hog.I am assuming this also has a hexigon rear axle like ours.Our tractor has 2250 hours on it the right wheel does wobble more then left tried new hub and this did slow it down a bit.Welded a bead on the hexigon axle slow it down more still wobbles some left one is starting to wobble also possible wear and tear is this possible on yours also?Curious if this is not a great design but many hours.But have not seen any mechanical problems caused by this so far about a 1000 hours later keeping an eye on it we watch it like a hawk.