How many teeth for a 48" tooth bar ?

/ How many teeth for a 48" tooth bar ? #1  

notamustang

Gold Member
Tractor
BX 2230
How many teeth for a 48\" tooth bar ?

I am going to order the parts for my tooth bar and wondering how many teeth to use. I was thinking 5 for a bx2230 and 48" bucket. Any thoughts ? Thanks Steven

/ How many teeth for a 48" tooth bar ? #2  
Re: How many teeth for a 48\" tooth bar ?

That sounds about right. I think my 54 inch bucket has 6 teeth.

You could put on more, which might help grabbing brush, but they are probably not needed.

I think the H&H EZlandscaper bar has a tooth about every four inches...so just about whatever you end up doing will help a lot and be satisfactory I bet.

/ How many teeth for a 48" tooth bar ? #3  

The 48" I built has 6 teeth spaced about 7.5" apart if I recall correctly. I looked at another one that said 6 at the time.

/ How many teeth for a 48" tooth bar ?

Now you both have me thinking, never good /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks

/ How many teeth for a 48" tooth bar ? #5  

My Markham welding toothbar has only 5 teeth on a 48" bucket. I have seen pictures of other similar size buckets with smaller teeth but increased quantity. 5 or six average size teeth would seem about right. Either way I can guarantee you'll be happy with the results and the increased effectiveness of the bucket. I know for me it has really made moving brush and hauling logs much easier! I've enclosed a pic of my bucket just for reference.

Attachments

• 603363-P2060003 (422 x 317).jpg
    603363-P2060003 (422 x 317).jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 194
   / How many teeth for a 48" tooth bar ?

I think I am going to go with the 5 teeth, I like the idea of more digging force. I know one more tooth will not make a large difference but I can always build another one right /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks all for the replies.