Dumb idea for the FEL bucket????

/ Dumb idea for the FEL bucket???? #1  

jhagerty

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX2230
I had an idea for the bucket on my BX2230, if this has been discussed before, I apologize. I’m thinking about having the inside of the bucket sprayed with the material that they used for the bed of my pickup truck (Rhino Liner). I had it done about a year ago and It’s still in perfect condition. The bed has received a lot of abuse and this stuff is tough as nails.

What do you guys think? I have a friend who owns one of the Rhino Liner franchises so I can get done real cheap ($20). Do you think it would hold up? I’m thinking it might for light duty, around the house type of stuff.

I think it would look pretty good as well, having the inside of the bucket all black. I think the material can be dyed as well but I’m not sure if they have a range of standard colors or if they can do a custom color.

Dumb idea? Let me know your thoughts!

Mike

/ Dumb idea for the FEL bucket???? #2  
I've never tried it but I would be led to believe that the rough texture of the paint would hold the material in the bucket. If you are moving sand or soil, this may stick inside the bucket and not allow for it to empty easily.

Keep us posted if you should decide to try. I am currently restoring the frame on my 1977 Jeep CJ7. I was thinking of coating it with the same stuff.

/ Dumb idea for the FEL bucket???? #3  
Well, if it only costs $20 and you want to do it, why not?

Worst case is it just wears off after a while.

I used the bucket on my tractor to spread some asphalt on my driveway, which I got 10 tons for $20 last year, and afterwards the bucket looked like it would be black forever, but with use that asphalt soon wore off and is now just a memory.

The only question might be, how would you like the looks if the stuff does start wearing off? With a steel bucket you can just use some paint to make it look new again. Not sure if that would work with that "bed covering."

/ Dumb idea for the FEL bucket???? #4  
The material will wear and peel eventually. I have had friends scrape the bedliner out with a putty knife.( NOT FUN ) Adheres well but can and will come up. I have to agree its gonna hold material in the bucket. Not the most desireable quality, and if you have clay soil and are trying to move some thats wet it aint gonna want to come out.
If you would like to keep the bucket looking new I would suggest a case of orange paint every year /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif JMO If you do it, let us know the results.

/ Dumb idea for the FEL bucket????
Good responses guys! I agree about the paint (have some already). I’m not that concerned about keeping the bucket looking perfect, just curious if this would work.

/ Dumb idea for the FEL bucket???? #6  
Use the bucket. It will stay nice and shiny! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Egon

/ Dumb idea for the FEL bucket???? #7  
I would not waste the $20. It's the inside of the loader bucket you are talking about....The steel is probably 20x thicker than a bed in in PU. As stated prior.....use the bucket, don't try to keep it pretty. What I think would look cool is if you spray the outside of the bucket (black). It would look like a industrial quick-attach. -Maybe just leave it alone /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Dumb idea for the FEL bucket???? #8  
I probably wouldn't use it in the bucket, as people have already said, materials will likely stick in the bucket. BUT...how about using it in other high wear areas. I've noticed on my B7100 that the foot plates where my boots are constantly rubbing the paint off, there is bare metal. This area also gets pretty slick when its wet/snow covered.
Teach

/ Dumb idea for the FEL bucket???? #9  
I put Linex in a utility cart... doesn't ding up when I throw brick or stone in it. However, mulch and dirt won't dump out.
I haul more gravel than mulch... so it's OK.

/ Dumb idea for the FEL bucket???? #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( .how about using it in other high wear areas. I've noticed on my B7100 that the foot plates where my boots are constantly rubbing the paint off, there is bare metal. This area also gets pretty slick when its wet/snow covered.
Teach )</font>
This is very common with jeeps, broncos and the like. I have even seen the rubber pads for the pedals sprayed. Its nice when your muddy and trying to climb out the high side of a stuck vehicle. That idea I agree with. I plan on spraying the deck on mine when the stock mat goes south.