Pics of aux lights brackets

/ Pics of aux lights brackets #1  

jhagerty

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX2230
I was asked about a week ago if I could post some pics to show how the aux lights were attached to the ROPS. These are dealer installed lights.

I sent an emailed to my dealer to see if the brackets can be purchased separately, I have an idea to use them in mounting a toolbox to the ROPS.

By the way, I was told by the dealer (several times), “no drilling into the ropes for anything or Kubota would void the warranty if something were to happen”.

Attachments

• 603920-P1010004 (845 x 634).jpg
    603920-P1010004 (845 x 634).jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 925
   / Pics of aux lights brackets
Another one.

Attachments

• 603921-P1010005 (845 x 634) (422 x 317).jpg
    603921-P1010005 (845 x 634) (422 x 317).jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 687
Last one

Attachments

• 603922-P1010006 (845 x 634) (422 x 317).jpg
    603922-P1010006 (845 x 634) (422 x 317).jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 622
   / Pics of aux lights brackets #4  
Looks good. Is this the Kubota light kit? I ordered one from my dealer for $70 and don't know what it looks like yet. It's going to be installed at 50 hour service. Does your kit plug in to a female clip under the seat area? Do the lights work with a seperate switch or with the headlights turned on?

Yes, it the light kit from Kubota. I’ll have to look to see where it connects. The switch is on the back of the light so you can use them with the front lights or on there own. I had two installed, one facing front and one facing back (you can swivel them around easy enough)

/ Pics of aux lights brackets #6  
Thanks for posting those. It looks simple enough... just a bracket and a "U" bolt. I wondered what the factory brackets looked like.

Your dealer will void the WHOLE warranty for altering the ROPS? Seems a bit harsh.

/ Pics of aux lights brackets #7  
Can You get the part Number?

That bracket is different than the one that came with My BX worklight.

I like Yours a lot better , just what I want in fact.

/ Pics of aux lights brackets #8  
<font color="red"> Your dealer will void the WHOLE warranty for altering the ROPS? Seems a bit harsh. </font>

Kubota will void the warrenty (not the dealer). It is fairly common. A manufacturer is liable if the ROPS fails and you die in a roll over if everything is as the factory designed it. If you drill into it, there is no way that the manufacturer can be held liable, and they will void the tractor warrenty because of the alteration. They typically void the warrenty if you weld your ROPS too.

There are several ways to get around it. Clamps/U Bolts, as Kubota uses. Magnets also work. I used marine expoxy to glue a bracket to my ROPS and then drilled the lights into the bracket. Epoxied Light Bracket

The part number for the light kit is "KUEL8327, $90 list, paid $70 (per light).

/ Pics of aux lights brackets #10  
I can fully understand voiding anything to do with rolling over, liability and even structural failure to a point, but I take "whole" to mean anything covered under the warranty (engine, hydraulics, electrical... you get the idea). Voiding all that stuff for drilling an unrelated hole in the ROPS seems a bit extreme to me, but it no doubt saves them money.