Spline adapters for rear PTO

/ Spline adapters for rear PTO #1  

corona4

I just got a rototiller from an old Bolens garden tractor that I'm going to try an adapt to my BX 2200. Over all it is in pretty good shape. The gear oil or what was left of it looked like mud, but did'nt cause any major damage. I pulled apart the gear box and bearings, gears and shafts all looked good. Very solid well built unit.

A couple of issues:

I need to reduce the rear PTO shaft of the BX (6 tooth 1-3/8") down to a 6 tooth and what I believe is a 3/4" shaft to fit into the female side of the spline/ shaft for the tiller.

Anyone know if there is such a adapter/ reducer?

I have already checked TSC and Norhtern with no luck.

Also the width of the tiller is appox 32" and I'm wondering if this might be a problem because it is so much narrower than the tractor.

Thanks in advance for any info.

/ Spline adapters for rear PTO #2  
Agri-Supply has some pto adapters of different styles. Maybe something there might help ?

/ Spline adapters for rear PTO #3  
Before you spend much money on the adapter, check and make sure the shaft rotation is the same. The friend who bought my B7100 from me had a Bolens tiller and found the PTO rotation was the opposite of the Kubota. Can't tell you what model tiller it was but I believe that it was originally belt driven and drove off of the front of the Bolens tractor.

/ Spline adapters for rear PTO
Thanks for the heads up B2400. Just had a chance to check it out and you were right the rotation is wrong for the tiller. This could save me some time and aggrivation or create more by trying to figure a way to make it work.