BX23 seat problem

/ BX23 seat problem #1  

Stef

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030 TLB, TYM 330
I don't know what's going on with my BX23 seat but the middle of it has started to come off. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I showed it to my dealer and he didn't know what to do because the surface is perfectly fine. The problem is inside the seat. I only weight 200 lbs so this is not the problem. In my opinion, the problem is a manufacturer defect and it should be replaced.

Look at the pic to get a better idea.

What do you think about it guys? What should I do? (or my dealer) /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks

Attachments

• 606552-BX23 seat pic1.jpg
    606552-BX23 seat pic1.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 475
   / BX23 seat problem #2  
Looks like warranty work, but then again the post next to this reads "How to push your BX to the limit" So just hope the warranty police don't monitor this site /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif or they'll have some additional questions for you.

/ BX23 seat problem #3  
I believe that there are seat issues with the BX series. I had the bolt that holds the seat mechanism in place shear off after a few months use. I was able to fix it wih a new bolt (grade 5) but there is a ball bearing that fits into a detent that holds the seat in place forward or backword that almost got away. I must note that I am about 18"'s short of my perfect height for my weight, but so far the seat itself has held up.

/ BX23 seat problem #4  
I have the same problem where the vinyl is lifting off the seat foam on my BX23 and I have also had the problem where the swivel bolt broke too. I ended up bringing the seat assembly to the dealer to get the swivel bolt problem fixed and I have just not bothered with the vinyl problem because I use the tractor too often to have the seat sitting at the dealers for any period of time. What I really want to do is replace the seat with something more comfortable - my backend starts to hurt after spending 8 hours in the seat of the BX - I have it on my list of spring projects.

/ BX23 seat problem #5  
Same problem on mine /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ BX23 seat problem #7  
I saw that thread - that seat looks pretty nice. I may add putting that seat on my BX to my list of spring projects.

/ BX23 seat problem #8  
Hey Jimbo. I wouldn't get that seat (from TSC) if you want to put it on your BX22/23. I just tried to put it on my BX22, and it sat up way too high. The problem is that the OEM seat is sort of "cradled" by the turning & gliding mechanism -- but the TSC seat won't fit between the glides, so you have to shim it up a good 2-3" in front to be able to get the right pitch or slope on the seat to be comfortable. At that height, I was bending over too far to reach the steering wheel.

/ BX23 seat problem #9  
Thanks for the info Jim. I think Mayhem mentioned something about this in his thread about adding the seat to his BX. I guess I will have to take a real close look at the BX23 seat mechanism to see if there is any possibility of lowering or adapting it to fit this seat with the armrests before I consider doing this. I am not adverse to a little bit of modification or customization to get something to work - but sometimes things just can't be made to work the way you want them to so that is what I worry about. I have been planning for a while to take a road trip to the closest TSC to look at a few things - guess I will have to add the seat to one of the things I want to look at.

/ BX23 seat problem #10  
The BX23 seat has 3 sets of mounting bolts covered by plastic plugs on the back of the seat. I discovered them when looking for a place to mount a toolbox and I used two for that purpose.
When I was by the Kubota dealer and mentioned these mounting places, I asked what they were used for and I was told it was for an arm rest kit. Since I wasn't interested in arm rests I didn't ask anymore about them.
So, what does this have to do w/swapping the stock seat out? Well, if'n the purpose is to gain arm rests then Kubota may have a kit for the OEM seat. Since the OEM seat on the BX22/23 has to pivot 180 degrees it may be hard to find a seat that doesn't sit to high as I think the OEM is about as far away from the steering wheels & controls as I want to be.

Anyways, just thought I'd throw it out there, good luck...
Volfandt