Nasty Knocking

/ Nasty Knocking #1  

Jackrabbit_Slim

Silver Member
Tractor
B2710
My year 2000 Kubota B2710 (Hydrostat - 325 hours) has developed a nasty knock somewhere in the rear end. The closest I can come to describing it is somewhat akin to a bottom end knock in an engine. It's there whether the PTO is engaged or not.

Bought this tractor used with 210 hours on it and while I can't say anything about the previous owner's service habits, everything has been done right since I've had it.

I'm looking for a general direction here. Clutch noise transferring back? Transmission? PTO problem? I'd appreciate any insights you can offer.

Thanks,

Slim

/ Nasty Knocking #2  
Does it knock only when in a forward or reverse movement?

Does it knock only when idling, or when not moving?

A recent post was responded to by a suggestion to check the wheel bolts, as the wheel might be shifting due to loose bolts. Not sure if this fits your 'knock' but only thought to mention it.

/ Nasty Knocking #3  
One time I had a clicking sound on my B2910 when it was moving...

Turned out to be a stick I picked up, that was rubbing on the edge of the R4 tire and the lugs were pushing it against the fender click, click, click... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Did not take too long to find it, but I was worried until I did... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Nasty Knocking
No, this knocking is there all the time. Going forward, in reverse, sitting still, in neutral, in any of the three ranges, three point up, three point down...

My fear, of course, is that it's a large repair bill come a knockin'.

Slim

/ Nasty Knocking #5  
Does it knock with the clutch in? If in gear and the clutch in makes it go away, I'll guess broken tooth on the main shaft, or a gear in constant contact with the main shaft.