Mowing BX Mid-Mount Mower Deck

/ BX Mid-Mount Mower Deck #1  

moweraxle

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200
Time to get your anti-scalp (gauge) wheels upgraded with bronze bushings and axle bolts drilled and tapped and fitted with a grease fitting. Like to here from members that have had this done. Check out the classified ad under accessories

Attachments

• 608876-New Wheel & New Bolt 3.JPG
    608876-New Wheel & New Bolt 3.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 858
   / BX Mid-Mount Mower Deck #2  
I had a set of 4 done last year and my mower deck didn't work any better this past winter in the snow than it did last winter. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif They haven't worn out yet either, but I keep trying by going over some rough ground. How many hours between drain and refill of the grease do you recommend???? I have been using John Deere grease on my Kubota and I notice that the orange color is starting to fade to yellow. The grey is slowly starting to turn green. Do you think that the grease has something to do with this phenomena??? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Did I mention that I think that this is one of the single greatest modifications to ever grace a MMM????? Thanks.. I love mine...... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ BX Mid-Mount Mower Deck #3  
I just recently bought both the mower deck stands and the anti-scalp wheels. I haven't had a chance to try out the anti-scalp wheels yet, but the mower deck stands sure made it much easier to get the blades off yesterday for sharpening.

/ BX Mid-Mount Mower Deck #4  
A copy of a post I made after I recieved the MMM stand axles.
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I've got a set of the moweraxles and they work out pretty good for me. The mower takes up much less space and can easily be moved around. Also makes the changing of the blades or fall/winter cleanup of the deck very easy. I use the FEL to lift it for changing out the wheels and it only takes a few minutes.
Volfandt
)</font>

Attachments

• 609158-BX23 MMM stand.jpg
    609158-BX23 MMM stand.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 748
   / BX Mid-Mount Mower Deck #5  
If only the deck could have been been desgined to have all four anti-scalp wheels on a swiveling caster or at least the front two. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

A mod for this looks to be impossible due to the size of the wheel and bracket offset from the deck and then even if you came up with one, the deck would be hard to get under the tractor due to width. The 54" deck possibly might roll under but the 60", no way. I've done both now and the 54" required only a push but the 60" takes several zig-zag manuvers - that is without having the assistance of the FEL attached to lift the front.

/ BX Mid-Mount Mower Deck #6  
My Antiscalp wheels on my BX23 have grease fittings right from the dealer.
They are plactic (no brass insert but they do have grease fittings /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ BX Mid-Mount Mower Deck #7  
could you please post a picture of this? thanks Junk..

/ BX Mid-Mount Mower Deck #8  
Volfandt, Where did the mower stands? I would appreciate the contact, thanks.

/ BX Mid-Mount Mower Deck #9  
$100 for those mower stands? WOW - it's a 1" shaft with 2 wheels... Can't be more than $10 in parts an axle. I'm thinking Harbor Freight's got the $4 apiece wheels... and the shaft could even potentially be black pipe in a home job.
Not saying those pre-made ones are not nice... but - WOW.

/ BX Mid-Mount Mower Deck #10  
"My Antiscalp wheels on my BX23 have grease fittings right from the dealer."

Read other posts on this issue. After two of the fittings pulling out (the first two I tried to grease), I have concluded that Kubota's design is simply pitiful and useless, to put it kindly. I'm buying a set of these things and when the ones on my deck start to "wallow", they're getting plucked and run over several times.