BX23 Owner

/ BX23 Owner #1  

CurtisB

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B7610
Hello guys, sorry, had to post this just for kicks. I called my neighbor up the street on Saturday to ask him about the covenants for outbuildings in our neighborhood. I figured I would ask beings the new BX23 will be arriving the end of the month, I may need extra storage next summer.

Anyway, he runs a landscape company and we got to talking about my use of the outbuilding and I told him I needed the extra space to store my new tractor with backhoe, etc. Woh nelly, I think he about fell over on the phone. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I think he figured I was going to store a huge backhoe or something and figured that was not appropriate for a yuppy 1.5 acre equestrian subdivision. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif LOL I proceeded to explain to him that it is a SCUT and not all that big. Told him it was a garden tractor on steroids, I guess he understood that one but still thinks I am crazy. Am I crazy??????? I would probably tend to think that I am considering I am spending 17K on a tractor that most common city folk would not dream of. Although, I am from the farming world and would love to be a farmer again!!!!

Curtis

/ BX23 Owner #2  
If you are thinking having a tractor because you only have 1.5 acres is crazy - well I have a BX23 and I only have 1/2 acre so I must be certifiable /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif . If you have work to get done and the tractor is the best choice to get the work done then it makes sense no matter what other people think. If it is an 'equestrian subdivision' then you must have mowing, horse cleanup, riding area maintenance, etc. that needs doing. A BX23 on 1.5 acres is an excellent fit for the tractor.

/ BX23 Owner #3  
Most people who call a BX a "garden tractor on steroids" have never snapped their own split rail fence like a toothpick by just seemingly tapping it (thank heavens for that grill guard /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif). I doubt any garden tractor could do that.

Crazy? Nope. I've only had mine a little over a year and a half and the thing is just so darn useful, I know I'll actually save money over the long run with the work I can get done with it (and all the time with a big ole grin on my face). You're gonna love that machine.

/ BX23 Owner #4  
The real laugh will come when he needs your backhoe for something and he has to come asking with his hat in his hand.

I have just under an acre, my 2004 bx 23 replaced my 2003 bx 2200.

/ BX23 Owner #5  
It might be an easier question to answer if you ask if you are crazy to live in a 1.5 acre equestrian subdivision...... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Horses are more work than tractors....

/ BX23 Owner
Danny, yes I agree. I am sure I will have lots of requests for the use of the backhoe by all kinds of people. Hmm, the answer, not sure as of yet. I do know that if my neighbor immediately across the street came asking I might have to tell him no just because he is a yuppy jerk...

As to being crazy, well, I really don't think I am. I think the BX23 will be a perfect fit for my 1.5 acre lot and worst case is I may regret not having bought the B7610 or B3030. It is going to get some serious hours this spring doing landscape work around my new house which is in desperate need of landscape work! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Curtis

/ BX23 Owner #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Am I crazy??????? )</font>

Yep, you sure are . . . almost as crazy as me buying a ZTR to mow a little mobile home lot. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif But we have as much fun as if we had good sense, don't we? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ BX23 Owner
Junkman,

Luckily only 2 or 3 people in the sub-division actually own horses. They call it an equestrian sub-division but you must have at least 2 acres to have horses. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Although, it is kinda cool for my 2 yr. old son to see them trotting down the street in front of our house. That strikes me as odd...

Curtis

/ BX23 Owner #9  
A ZTR for a mobile home lot? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Thanks Bird whenever I'm starting to feel outta sorts someone always comes along and makes me feel normal in all the things that I collect.

/ BX23 Owner #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( almost as crazy as me buying a ZTR to mow a little mobile home lot. )</font>

Bird,

Is THAT you on the Weekend HGTV commercial that shows a guy going back and forth on a ZTR in a space about 8' X 8' wide?? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I always wondered who'd they got to do that! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif